Poussay is a commune in the Vosges department in the Lorraine region. It belongs to the district Neufchâteau, the Canton of Mirecourt and founded in 1997, Local Government Association, Pays de Mirecourt.
- 4.1 Road Access
The 716 inhabitants (1 January 2011 ) scoring Poussay municipality located 35 kilometers north- west of Epinal and 45 kilometers south of Nancy on the river Madon.
Poussay consists of the old village center, which rises about 20 feet above the lower village and the former factory settlement in the north and spacious single-family structures in the South, which reach to the limits of the urban area of Mirecourt.
The town's name is derived from the Latin Portus suaci (or Portus suavis ). The place Poussay was on a road paved by the Romans.
In the early 11th century founded Berthol, d Bishop of Toul, a Benedictine monastery, the fourth in Lorraine Remiremont, Bouxières -aux -Dames and Epinal. The abbey was consecrated in 1026.
1598 originated in Poussay under the aegis of Pierre Fourier, the first school for girls, taught at the free Alix Le Clerc, among others.
The church of Saint -Maurice was built in 1757, the town hall ( Mairie ) dates back to 1842.
- Classified village fountain from the 17th century as a monument historique
- Parish church of St. Mauritius
Economy and infrastructure
In the south of the village is situated the commercial area L' Aéropôle Sud Lorraine. Located near the regional airfield Epinal Mirecourt, here numerous farms could be located, including agricultural and food companies, as well as aerospace companies.
On a site west of the village center takes place annually one of the largest agricultural fairs in France with over 1000 suppliers.
Through the south of the municipality, the partially -developed two-lane secondary road 166 from Epinal leads to Neufchâteau with connection to the Autoroute A31. The railway line from Nancy on Mirecourt and Vittel to Merrey, which is operated by the TER Lorraine, runs through Poussay.