Priesendorf is a community in the Upper Franconian district of Bamberg and a member of the administrative community Lisberg.
- 2.1 Population development
- 3.1 Municipal Election 2008
- 3.2 Coat of Arms
- 4.1 monuments
- 5.1 Economy, agriculture and forestry
- 5.2 volunteer fire
- 5.3 breweries
- 5.4 Education
- 5.5 associations
The municipality is located in the Steigerwald Herzogenaurach near the river on the border between Upper Franconia and Lower Franconia.
Neighboring municipalities are (from north clockwise beginning ): Eltmann, Viereth -Trunstadt, Lisberg, Schönbrunn im Steigerwald and Oberaurach ( HaÃŸberge County, Lower Franconia ).
The two districts are (in brackets number of inhabitants):
- Priesendorf ( 1237 )
- Neuhausen (264 )
There are the following districts: Neuhausen, Priesendorf.
Priesendorf belonged to the Barons of Münster Lisberg and was part of the manor Lisberg, also the Frankish knights circle. With the Act of Confederation, in 1806 the city became part of Bavaria.
The formerly independent municipality Neuhausen was incorporated on 1 January 1972.
Mayor since 1 May 2008 Mary Beck ( CSU). It replaced Werner Raab (independent, to December 2007 CSU candidate for the 2008 SPD ) from. Mary Beck is with Gisela Hofmann in King Field, the first mayor in the district of Bamberg. 2014 Beck was re-elected unopposed with 92.54 % of votes.
Municipal Election 2008
The council consists of twelve members:
- CSU seven seats ( seven in 2002 )
- SPD four seats ( two in 2002 )
- Free voters a seat (2002 two)
The Christian voter community is no longer represented ( 2002 seat).
Coat of arms
Blazon: "In red over a silver deer antlers two diagonally crossed golden knife, about a silver heraldic lily. "
Meaning: The crossed knife point to St. Bartholomew, the patron saint of the church in Priesendorf. The lily is a symbol for Mary for the pilgrimage chapel in the place and the silver antlers reminiscent of the 1717 deceased hunter Konrad G rule. He was in the service of the Counts of Schönborn, whose coat of arms colors were taken gold ( Lion) and red ( color box ), and was in their territory Priesendorf. Konrad G rule had the time used for separation Pries village of the parish Eltmann.
Culture and sights
→ List of monuments in Priesendorf
Economy and infrastructure
Economy, agriculture and forestry
It was in 1998 according to official statistics in the field of Agriculture and Forestry 26, 184 in manufacturing and in trade and transport five social insurance contributions at the workplace. In other areas, 28 people were employed social insurance contributions at the workplace. Social insurance contributions at residence, there were a total of 546 in the manufacturing sector, there were three, two companies in the construction industry. In addition, in 1999, there were 29 farms with an agricultural area of 406 hectares, of which 282 hectares of arable land and 99 acres of meadowland.
- Volunteer Fire Neuhausen
- Volunteer Fire Priesendorf
Nor is there a Schrüfer brewery in Priesendorf, which, with an output of about 400 hectoliters per year and the smallest breweries in the world in the field of community. Until 1969 there was the long- brewery.
There are the following facilities (as of 1999):
- A children's garden with 100 seats
- An elementary school with 14 teachers and 273 students
- Musikverein Priesendorf eV The association founded in 1967, is since 2009 under the baton of Thomas Wolf. Since 1993, the main orchestra participates in rating games in high school. Currently, the association includes the departments main orchestra (about 55 actives), Youth Orchestra ( 25 actives), school orchestra (18 actives), Bläserklasse (13 actives) and recorder.
- Sports club Priesendorf eV
- Horticultural Association Priesendorf
- Diana Shooting Club Neuhausen
- Curling Club Priesendorf
- Church Choir 3 Generations of the parish of St. Bartholomew