Prospekt Mira (Koltsevaya Line)
Prospekt Mira (Russian Проспект Мира ) is the name of a metro station on the circle line of the Moscow Metro. The station was opened on 30 January 1952, has since May 1, 1958 direct transit traffic to the metro station of the "Orange " line.
The only input of the past 40 meters below the surface station is located in the Meshchansky district in the northern center of Moscow. The name of this and the interchange station of the same name literally means "Prospectus of Peace" and is also the name of town merges into the highway M8 arterial road, at the entrances of the two metro stations. Both the station on the circle line as well as the "orange " line carry this name only since June 20, 1966. Previously both Botanitscheski Sad were called, literally so " Botanical Garden ". This went on located near the stations "Pharmacists garden " back, which is a branch of applied in the north of Moscow Botanical Garden of the Russian Academy of Sciences today. After the latter one in the 'orange ' line in 1978 newly built station was re- named Botanitscheski Sad; This name remained the station until today.
The vestibule of the metro station Prospekt Mira, the ring line was completed at the same time with the station and is located in a multi-storey residential building on the east side of the Prospectus. The most famous building in the vicinity of the underground station is built for the Olympic Games in 1980 multi-purpose hall Olimpijski, which can be reached from the other page of this brochure on foot.
As usual in the Moscow Ring line Metro stations, the platform of the main hall from the vestibule by escalators is achievable. The richly ornamented pillars that support the Vestibülgebäude from the inside, already the Moscow subway stations for all of the early 1950s can initially imagine typical, ornate design of the platform hall. The two rows and the pylon curved arch form the central part of the illuminated platform bronze chandeliers. The supplemented with massive benches pylons have a weißmarmorne panel, also ornamental compositions in the upper third, the center of each is a medallion made of ceramics on the subject of the achievements of Soviet agriculture. The floor provided with black and light gray granite slabs has a checkered pattern. The ornaments on the pylons were designed by the sculptor Georgi Motovilov, while the overall design of the metro station is a work of Vladimir Gelfreich, a famous architect of the Socialist Classicism.
The transition to the station of the " orange " line is reached from the platform via the stairs at the west end of the concourse, while its eastern end result of escalators to the ticket hall.