Putimov ( German Putimow ) is a municipality in the Czech Republic. It is located four kilometers southeast of Pelhřimov and belongs to Okres Pelhřimov.
Putimov is located west of Křemešník in the Bohemian- Moravian Highlands on the homonymous hill Putimov ( 633 m).
Neighboring towns are Řemenov in the north, Plevnice, Horni Strměchy, Střítež pod Křemešníkem and Volšička in the northeast, and Kamenicko Proseč pod Křemešníkem in the east, in the southeast Zálesí, Nemojov in the south, Pavlov in the southwest, Skrýšov in the west and Pelhřimov in the northwest.
The first mention of Putymov place in the year 1379th The settlement consisted of 13 hooves land and 17 villages. Since the late 14th century Putimov belonged to the archbishopric of Prague associated rule Řečice.
1830, the chapel was consecrated on the village square. After the abolition of the patrimonial community Putimov originated with the districts Nemojov and Skrýšov. The first school house was inaugurated in 1856. 1869 Skrýšov became an independent municipality in 1955 and was the spin-off of Nemojov.
In 1931, the new school, which existed until the 1970s, to teach. In 1976 Proseč pod Křemešníkem add a district. 1980 Putimov was incorporated into Pelhřimov. In Putimov the film in 1969 " Smuteční slavnost " turned to the novel Eva Kantůrková, which could be performed only after the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
For the community Putimov no districts are reported.
- Chapel of the Holy Trinity in the village square, dedicated in 1830
- Křemešník with Sanctuary, Chapel, observation tower and wind lock