Pyšely ( German Pischel ) is a city in the Czech Republic. It is located eleven kilometers north of Benešov and belongs to Okres Benešov.
Pyšely is located on the right side of the Sázavatals in the north of the Central Bohemian mountain country. The city lies on the southern slope of a creek winning by a Loretakapelle 419 m high hill above the valley of the Pyšelský. East of the city runs the European Route 55 / State Road 3 between Benešov and Highway D 1
Neighboring towns are Dub and Zaječice in the north, Nová Ves and Pětihosty in the northeast, Čtyřkoly in the east, Vysoká Lhota in the southeast, Borová Lhota, Městečko and Nové Městečko in the south, Nespeky the southwest, Papírna, Řehenice and Gabrhele in the west and Dubiny and Křivá Ves in the northwest.
Pyšely originated in the 11th or 12th century. First records of the City in 1295 was as the property of Přebor of Pyšel. Later, the place of the royal council and chief judge Karl Mratsch of Dauba belonged. 1680 the church school was founded.
At the beginning of the 18th century had Franz Anton Graf Hall Because Pyšely, upon request of Emperor Leopold I in 1703 the village to a market town arose. Under the Earl Hall was because of the construction of the Loretto Chapel. Subsequent owners were Johann Heinrich Graf von Bissingen. After the replacement of patrimonial regimes in 1848 Pischel became an independent municipality. The competent district court was in owl.
In 1937 on the initiative of the citizen Arnost Chvojka the establishment of a museum. Since 30 January 2007 Pyšely is a city.
The city Pyšely consists of the districts Borová Lhota ( Kiefernlhota ) Kovářovice ( Kowar Scho joke), Nová Ves ( Neudorf ), Pyšely ( Pischel ) and Zaječice ( Sajetschitz ).
- Baroque castle Pyšely
- Church of the Cross collection, the Romanesque building from the 11th century was 1781-1783 its present Baroque appearance
- Four statues of St.. Francis of Assisi, Francis Xavier, Anna and Florian at the church,
- Statue of St. John of Nepomuk from 1760, the castle
- Statue of St. Adalbert of Prague, on the Loretakapelle
- Baroque vicarage
- Loretakapelle north of the city, in 1789 expanded to a cemetery, Renovated in 1992
Sons and daughters of the town
- Emanuel Rádl (1873-1942), philosopher, biologist and professor