Randers FC is a football club based in the Danish town of Randers.
The RFC is a combination of the first teams of Dronningborg Boldklub, Hornbæk Sportsforening, Kristrup Bold club, Randers Freja Sports Club, Randers KFUM and Vorup fB, which continue as independent associations persist (as of 1 April 2005). The most famous of these clubs is the three-time Danish Cup winners Randers Freja SK.
The club logo is a throwback to a large horse statue in the center of Randers, which became the unofficial symbol of the city.
Current squad 2012
As of August 2012
The 2004/05 season was the first in the highest Danish league, but after just one season again had to leave the RFC as Table. 2006, however, the club was relegated again in the Super League. After the descent 2011, the direct revival followed.
Predecessor Randers Freja was 1973 runner-up.
Four times was the Randers FC and its predecessor Randers Freja Danish Cup winner.
Randers Freja took seven times in an international contest:
European Cup Winners' Cup 1967/68
- Randers Freja - Hamburger SV 0:2, 3:5
European Cup Winners' Cup in 1968/69
- Randers Freja - Shamrock Rovers 1-0, 2-1
- Randers Freja - Sliema Wanderers (Malta ) 6-0, 2-0
- Randers Freja - 1 FC Cologne 0:3, 1:2
European Cup Winners' Cup in 1973/74
- Randers Freja - SK Rapid Wien 0:0, 1:2
UEFA Cup 1975/76
- Randers Freja - Dynamo Dresden 1:1, 0:0
UEFA Cup 2006/ 07
- Randers FC - IA Akranes 1:0, 1:2
- Randers FC - FBK Kaunas 3:1, 0:1
- Randers FC - Fenerbahce 1:2, 0:3
Europa League 2009/10
- Randers FC - Hamburger SV 0:4, 1:0