Raymond van Barneveld
- BDO World Champion: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2005
- PDC World Champion: 2007
Raymond van Barneveld ( born April 20, 1967 in The Hague) is a Dutch darts player and is regarded as so far the most successful Dutch darts player. His nicknames are "Barney " and " The Man". His theme music is Eye of the Tiger by Survivor.
In recent years, Barneveld is considered one of the best dart players of the WDF. It was between 1998 and 2007 five times Dartweltmeister, four times in the BDO and once in the PDC.
Van Barneveld worked as a mailman before he became a professional darts player. He moved to the start of the Premier League 2006 in the PDC. There he struck twice Phil Taylor in the PDC UK Open and Las Vegas Desert Classic. The UK Open he won in the Las Vegas Desert Classic he lost to John Part With its 7-6 victory over Phil Taylor in the final of the Darts World Championship on 1 January 2007 Barneveld was first Dartweltmeister the PDC. He was replaced on January 1, 2008 by John Part, after he had already been eliminated in the second round with 2:4 sets against Kevin Painter.
Raymond van Barneveld was the first dart player to a nine dart finish succeeded, which was broadcast live on German television. He managed this feat on 23 March 2006 during the Holsten Premier League Darts in the 9th leg of his game against Peter Manley. This power he could repeat on January 2, 2009 compared Jelle Klaasen in the quarter- finals of the PDC World Championship 2009. This was the first Nine dart finish at a PDC World Championship. 28 December 2009 van Barneveld threw the second nine -darter of the history of the PDC World Championship against Brendan Dolan.
On 24 March 2007 he first played as a PDC player in Germany, the first GDC ( German Darts Corporation) ProTour event in Bad Soden. On June 10, 2007, he defended his title at the UK Open against Vincent van der Voort with 16:8 Legs. He beat Phil Taylor in the quarter -finals with 11:4 Legs.
On 18 November 2012, he was the Grand Slam of Darts win. He defeated in the final Michael van Gerwen 16:14 Legs. So that he could win a major tournament after five years without a major title again.
Results at World Championships
- BDO World Championship 1991: in the 1st round knocked out by Keith Sullivan (0-3)
- 1992: not qualified
- 1994: not qualified
- 1995: Finalist against Richie Burnett (3-6)
- 1996: in the second round against Matt Clark retired ( 1-3)
- 1997: in the second round against Les Wallace retired ( 2-3)
- 1998: World Champion Richie Burnett against (6-5 )
- 1999: World Champion against Ronnie Baxter (6-5 )
- 2000: in the 1st round excreted against Chris Mason (1-3)
- 2001: retired in the quarterfinals against Ted Hankey (4-5)
- 2002: retired in the quarterfinals against Mervyn King ( 3-5)
- 2003: World Champion against Richie Davies ( 6-3)
- 2004: excreted in the semi-final against Andy Fordham (4-5)
- 2005: World Champion against Martin Adams ( 6-2)
- 2006: Finalist against Jelle Klaasen (5-7)
- 2007: World Champion Phil Taylor ( 7-6)
- 2008: in the second round against Kevin Painter excreted (2-4)
- 2009: Finalist against Phil Taylor ( 1-7)
- 2010: 3rd place match lost to Mark Webster (8-10)
- 2011: in the quarter-final against Gary Anderson retired ( 1-5)
- 2012: eliminated in the first round against James Richardson (0-3)
- 2013: excreted in the semi-final against Phil Taylor ( 4-6)
- 2014: in the second round against Mark Webster excreted (4-5)
- BDO Major victories BDO World Championship ( 4): 1998, 1999, 2003, 2005
- World Masters (2): 2001, 2005
- World Darts Trophy ( 2/Rekord ): 2003, 2004
- International Darts League ( 3/Rekord ): 2003, 2004, 2006
- Zuiderduin Masters ( 4/Rekord ): 1995, 2001, 2003, 2004
- PDC World Championship ( 1): 2007
- UK Open (2): 2006, 2007
- Grand Slam of Darts (1 ): 2012
- Las Vegas Desert Classic ( 1): 2007
- PDC World Cup of Darts (1 ): 2010 ( with Co Stompe for the Netherlands)
- Raymond van Barneveld threw his first live nine -darter on German TV (see above)
- Raymond van Barneveld threw just the second live nine -darter on German TV January 2, 2009 against Jelle Klaasen in the quarter -finals of the PDC World Championship. This 9 -darter was the first in a PDC World Championship and earned him a bonus of £ 25,000.
- Raymond van Barneveld threw a nine -dart finish against Brendan Dolan on December 28, 2009 Round 2 of the PDC World Championship.
- 9 perfect darts at the World Matchplay 2010 by van Barneveld against Ovens.