The district of Recklinghausen (also with an addition as the Vestische circle) is located in the north of the Ruhr area in the northwest of North Rhine- Westphalia. It belongs to the administrative district of Münster and is a member of the Regional Association of Westphalia -Lippe and Ruhr Regional Association. Seat of the District is the city of Recklinghausen.
- 2.1 mayors and Offices
- 2.2 civic rights and outsourcing
- 2.3 regional reforms in 1926 ff and 1975/76
- 3.1 flag (banner ) and Coat of Arms
- 3.2 District Administrators
- 3.3 Kreistag
- 3.4 Partners and Sponsorships
Spatial location and population
The district of Recklinghausen is a circle of the Ruhr area, extending north to southern Munsterland. With 628 817 inhabitants (December 31, 2010) he is ( except for the special case Region Hannover) the most populous county in Germany. (See list at the counties in Germany. )
The largest river in the district is the lip.
Circle members communities
The Recklinghausen district is divided into ten kreisangehorige communities, four of which Middle kreisangehorige cities and six Big kreisangehorige are cities. The municipalities are basically self responsible, while the circle for smaller municipalities accepts local and otherwise on local tasks for their local affairs. The district of Recklinghausen is the only county in Germany, where have all the municipalities of over 25,000 inhabitants.
( In parenthesis the number of inhabitants 31 December 2012 )
Large kreisangehorige cities
Mean kreisangehorige cities
Motor vehicle registration
The license plate for the county 's RE. Since 12 November 2012, again the old distinguishing sign CAS ( Castrop -Rauxel ) and GLA ( Gladbeck ) is also output on request.
Neighboring districts or urban -
At the Recklinghausen district bordered to the north, the circles Borken and Coesfeld, east of the Unna district and the district-free city of Dortmund, in the south of the cities of Bochum, Herne, Gelsenkirchen, Essen and Bottrop and in the west the district of Wesel.
In the Middle Ages, the area belonged to Recklinghausen, the Vest Recklinghausen, the Electorate of Cologne. From 1446 to 1576 it was leased to the Lords of Gemen and Schaumburg -Lippe. 1811 was annexed to the Duchy of Berg.
After the Congress of Vienna the Vest Recklinghausen in 1815 was slammed together with other areas of the Kingdom of Westphalia, Prussia and incorporated into the province of Westphalia. He subsequently produced in 1816, the Prussian government district of Münster and the district of Recklinghausen. This included the former Vest Recklinghausen and the glory Lembeck with the parishes Altschermbeck, alder, Hervest, Holsworthy, Lembeck Rhade and Wulfen (see below the mayors Lembeck and Altschermbeck, which were administered in personal union ).
Mayors and Offices
The district of Recklinghausen initially consisted of the following mayors: (in brackets the number of inhabitants mid-1830s and 1895):
- Bürgermeisterei Altschermbeck ( 2,474 / 2,604 ) Altschermbeck ( 908/936 )
- Alder ( 761/760 )
- Holsterhausen ( 292/391 )
- Rhade ( 513/517 )
- Bottrop ( 2,605 / 18,015 *)
- Kirchhellen ( 2214 /? )
- Osterfeld ( 614/ 6622 )
- Buer ( 3583 / 16,031 *)
- Gladbeck ( 2,505 / 5,648 )
- Horst ( 535/ 3853 )
- Westerholt ( 685/ 1196 *)
- Ahsen ( 674/604 )
- Dates ( 3.325/5.283 )
- Flaesheim ( 397/564 )
- Henrichenburg ( 660/ 1530 )
- Horne Castle ( 362/388 )
- Waltrop ( 2,835 / 5,307 )
- Dorsten ( 2,406 / 4,234 )
- Parish Dorsten ( 843 /? ) Mark field
- Altendorf - Ulfkotte (? / 862 )
- Hervest ( 521/ 1202 )
- Lembeck ( 1,883 / 1,929 )
- Wulfen ( with interpretation; 917/ 1411 )
- Recklinghausen ( 2,433 / 20,644 *)
- Rural community Recklinghausen ( 3,792 / 8,776 )
- Herten ( 950/ 4079 )
- Oer ( 832/ 2088 )
- Suderwich ( 699/ 1952 )
In 1841, the mayors were renamed offices. The cities of Recklinghausen and Dorsten ( with field marks) have been removed from the offices, the Office was renamed the Office Dorsten Marl and from the parish Dorsten was more or less the now independent municipality Altendorf Ulfkotte.
In subsequent years, more independent offices have been developed:
In contrast, existing offices, the Office Hervest - Dorsten from office Altschermbeck and Lembeck (collectively glory Lembeck ) in 1929, uniting, formed one of the Dorsten since 1937.
City rights and outsourcing
While Recklinghausen, Dorsten and until 1929 the county added Come holders since the 13th century enjoyed municipal rights were other places of the district only by industrialization around the turn of the century to the mid 20th century cities. In particular, the emscher nearby, located in the south places like Osterfeld, Bottrop, Buer, Herten and Recklinghausen quadrupled their number of inhabitants within 60 years at least, while north of the lip were the population numbers roughly constant ( so, mayors ).
The awarding of city and county rights of freedom affects in no small measure to the district of Recklinghausen from:
Regional reforms in 1926 ff and 1975/76
In 1926 and in subsequent years, the cutting of the communities of the county, the new growth of settlements near major employers was accordingly changed significantly. The final touch was then carried out in the course of municipal reform in 1975, since which the outline of the district has not changed in 10 Cities:
- Castrop -Rauxel ( Education 1926, acyclic 1928, 1975 to the district ) Office Castrop (without Giesenberg - Sodingen, today Herne )
- Since 1975 Henrichenburg, formerly Office Waltrop
- Since 1975 Ahsen and Horne Castle
- Old town Dorsten and field marks
- Since 1929 Hardt (formerly Gahlen, Circle Dinslaken )
- Since 1943 Hervest and Holsterhausen
- Since 1975 Östrich (formerly Gahlen, Circle Dinslaken )
- Since 1975, Lembeck Rhade and Wulfen ( with interpretation ) and the East of Altschermbeck ( peasantry Emmelkamp ), while the main part of Altschermbeck ( to Schermbeck ) and alder ( to Raesfeld ) and Reken slammed, small edge portions of Lembeck being removed
- Since 1975, Altendorf - Ulfkotte
- Haltern (1929 to the district; formerly Coesfeld )
- Since 1975 the parish holders ( Sythen, Holt Wick, today's deserted Overrath [ wooded peninsula in the lake ] and mountain farmers between holders and Lippramsdorf; thus encircled now without Sythener end that came to (house ) Dülmen and again to Coesfeld; since 1929 in the district was ) and Hullern and Lippramsdorf, former office holders, to 1929 Coesfeld
- Since 1975, the East half of Hamm (formerly Office Marl)
- Flaesheim since 1975 (formerly Office dates)
- Parish Herten
- Since 1926 peasantry thistles, Ebbelich, Langenbochum (larger part) and Scherlebeck (all formerly rural community Recklinghausen)
- Since 1975, former city Westerholt and colony Bertlich ( with Transvaal ), formerly the parish Polsum
- Since 1926 part of the rural community Recklinghausen ( peasantry Lenkerbeck and peasantry Löntrop with sleeve and Korthausen ) and the now closely populated western half of the peasantry Sinsen, formerly parish Oer )
- Since 1975, the now densely populated western half (formerly Herne and Sickingmühle ) of Hamm and Polsum (without colony Bertlich )
- Oer together with the peasantry Sinsen ( eastern half only ) and Siepen as well as small and large -Erkenschwick (formerly rural community Recklinghausen)
- Rapen out of office dates
- Old city of Recklinghausen together with Hillen, Hillerheide and fracture
- Since 1926 Suderwich and from the rural community of Recklinghausen Hochlarmark, Stuckenbusch, Hochlar, Bock Holt, Speckhorn ( with Beising and Börste ), nettle, Röllinghausen, Bergshausen
Compared to the borders of 1816 the county lost today kreisfreie areas of the City of Oberhausen ( Osterfeld ) Bottrop ( Bottrop and Kirchhellen ) and Gelsenkirchen ( Buer along with Horst, but without Westerholt and Gladbeck ). In the field of glory Lembeck 1975 Erle went to Raesfeld (Kreis Borken ) and Altschermbeck to Schermbeck (Kreis Wesel ). Added to north came the lip 1929, the City holders and the former office holders as well as south of the Emscher 1975 Castrop -Rauxel (without the urvestische Henrichenburg ).
Flag (banner ) and Coat of Arms
§ 1 of the main Statute of the Recklinghausen district determines:
" The banner of the Recklinghausen district (from right to heraldic heraldic left) Black -and-white green. It contributes in the middle of the coat of arms flags railway Recklinghausen. The coat of arms consists of a silver nettle leaf on a green shield and a black isosceles cross with a golden key in the middle. "
The nettle leaf stands for the glory Lembeck, an office of the Prince-Bishopric of Münster, which lay north of the lip at Dorsten. The black cross is the sign of the bishops of Cologne who owned a large part of the area, the Vest Recklinghausen. The key in the cross symbolizes St. Peter, the patron of the Archdiocese of Cologne.
The coat of arms was approved on 30 June 1952.
See also results of local elections in North Rhine -Westphalia from 1975: District of Recklinghausen
The council of the district of Recklinghausen since the municipal election 2004:
- CDU district council faction: 28 seats
- SPD council group: 28 seats
- Council Alliance 90/The Greens: 6 seats
- FDP council faction: 4 seats
- Grouping DieLinke.PDS: 2 seats
- Non-attached: 4 seats
The council of the district of Recklinghausen has been committed to the local elections 2009 as follows:
- CDU district council faction: 25 seats
- SPD council group: 27 seats
- Council Alliance 90/The Greens: 6 seats
- FDP council fraction: 5 seats
- The Left: 5 seats
- UBP: 3 seats
- WE: 1 seat
(As of February 3, 2010 )
Partners and Sponsorships
- Northern Israel region
- Circle Södermanland, Sweden, 1987
- County Bytom - Tarnowitz
- Powiat Wodzisławski, Poland, 2001
- Army Air Corps in Rheine