Reda ( Rheda German ) is a town in Poland in Pomeranian Voivodeship in Kashubian.
- 2.1 Population development
- 3.1 Structures
- 4.1 External links
- 4.2 footnotes
The landscape was formed by the ice ages. The place is located in the river bed by Reda and Leba. Through the city 's main street leading to the Hel Peninsula.
A wooden church was built in the 12th century. The first written mention of a place in the area of present-day Reda dates back to 1245th Around 1340 a flour mill and a blacksmith shop were built in the place. 1357 receives the location of the Teutonic Order the municipal law by Kulm law. 1358 the name Granslaw, 1398 Gran Slow and Granissow, 1400 and 1433 Redau speech is called. The present name Redau wears the place since about 1500. During the 17th century, the wooden church was burned. 1772 during the First Partition of Poland Reda falls to the Prussians. In 1888 a public school is inaugurated. 1903 a church was built in neo-gothic style.
After the First World War, the city was again part of Poland. On September 9, 1939, the site was occupied by the Wehrmacht. On 12 March 1945, the Red Army reached the city. After the Second World War, the city was part of the community Wejherowo. On January 1, 1955, the village council was set up in place and a year later the site of a settlement was independent again. The re- allocation of the town charter, lasted until 1967. In an administrative reform in 1975, the town is part of the Gdansk province, a further reform causes the site again in 1999 is part of the Pomeranian Voivodeship.
Culture and sights
- Station and surrounding buildings built around 1875
- Memory and residential building at ul of Puck from the 14th/15th. century