The Regent Street in London is a major shopping street and thoroughfare in the West End of the city.
Named after the Prince Regent, later King George IV, it was from 1811 to 1825 by John Nash as part of a ceremony street from the residence of the Regent St James's Palace to Regent's Park built. It leads north from Waterloo Place as Lower Regent Street to Piccadilly Circus and behind the place as The Quadrant and then as Regent Street to Oxford Circus. As Upper Regent Street finally carries over to the Langham Place, Cavendish Place and Mortimer Street. All built by Nash buildings were replaced in the 1920s by buildings in neo-baroque style. The largest part of the Regent Street is owned by the Crown Estate.