The Reichs- Rundfunk -Gesellschaft mbH ( RRG ) was founded on 15 May 1925 in Berlin as an umbrella organization of regional broadcasting companies in Germany and lasted until its liquidation after the Second World War.
Nine broadcasting companies that are geographically extended from the end of 1923 from Munich to Frankfurt am Main and Leipzig to Wroclaw and Konigsberg, worked from 15 May 1925 in the RRG together. The majority of the shares took over in 1926 the German Reich Post, as their representatives acted in the RRG Hans Bredow. The RRG ( and thus indirectly the imperial post ) in turn owned the majority of the transmission companies. Managing the RRG were Kurt Magnus and Henry Giesecke. From 1931 the RRG sent out of the house of broadcasting.
After 1933, the National Socialists had taken power in Germany, the transmission companies had their shares in the RRG deliver to the Reich Ministry for Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, which also took over the representation of the kingdom of the post. The transmitters were branches of the RRG. This " Gleichschaltung ", which showcased the renaming of the station in " Reichssender " for April 1, 1934 Program Director of the RRG or " Reich transmission conductor " was from 1933 Eugen Hadamovsky. ; 1937 was appointed Heinrich Meier glass by a Director General. From the broadcast fee revenue, the shared post and the Propaganda Ministry, received the RRG, ie the radio, over time less and less. At the same time, the influence of the Propaganda Ministry took to the RRG. At the instigation of Joseph Goebbels called main German broadcasting was introduced on January 1, 1939 the Empire Broadcasting, for abroad programs were produced under the name of Germany Calling.
1951, the liquidation of the RRG was decided, which lasted until 1961. The program capacity of the RRG with 3,600 tapes is now in the German Broadcasting Archive ( DRA) in Frankfurt am Main.
List of companies
The following broadcasters were to 1934 together in the RRG:
- Radio - hour AG, Berlin: program recording on 29 October 1923 as the " German Hour, Society for wireless policy and Entertainment mbH " (later founding the "Radio - hour AG " in 1924 under the name "Radio - hour AG " in the commercial register is registered)
- Central German Broadcasting Ltd ( Mirag ), Leipzig: program recording on March 2, 1924
- German hour in Bayern GmbH, Munich: program recording on March 30, 1924 ( renamed on 1 January 1931 in " Bayerischer Rundfunk GmbH ", until April 1, 1931, the RRG joined )
- West German Broadcasting Service AG ( SÜWRAG ), Frankfurt am Main: program recording on March 31, 1924
- Nordic Broadcasting Ltd ( NORAG ), Hamburg and Bremen later: program recording on May 2, 1924
- Süddeutsche Rundfunk AG ( SÜRAG ), Stuttgart: program recording on May 11, 1924
- Silesian Funkstunde AG ( SFAG ), Wroclaw: program recording on May 26, 1924
- Eastern Marches Radio AG ( ORAG ), Königsberg: program recording on June 14, 1924
- West German Broadcasting Ltd ( WERAG ), Cologne: program recording on October 10, 1924 as "West German radio hour AG " ( WEFAG ), Münster in Westphalia ( moved to Cologne and renamed WERAG January 1, 1927)
On 1 October 1932, the wireless service AG went ( Dradag ) on the RRG.
With effect from January 1, 1933, the joint-stock companies were converted into limited liability companies.
After the annexation of the Saar to the Reich of Reich Saarbrücken station was established in May 1935 which also was part of the RRG.