Remigen (Swiss German: rɛmigə ) is a municipality in the district of Brugg in the canton of Aargau. It is located about three kilometers north- west of the district municipal seat.
The village is located in the transition zone between the folds of the Jura and the Jura in the northwest corner of Rüfenacher level. To the north is the mountain goat, which is listed as Tafeljura. However, the area extends only over the steep southern slope, while the large plain to Villigen heard. The southern slope of the mountain goat is an ideal wine-growing region. To the west there are two valleys, through the Jura folds belonging Buetzberg ( 647 m above sea level. M. ) extend be separated. The northern valley leads to Bürersteig (550 m above sea level. M. ), a pass into the Rhine valley, the southern valley towards Mönthal. The dewatered by Schmittenbach community is quite limited in the west by the 643 meter high Burghalden.
The area of the municipality is 787 hectares, of which 444 hectares are forested and built over 56 hectares. The highest point is 699 meters on the Geissberg, the deepest at 369 meters in the Rüfenacher level.
During the Roman period introduced the route between Augusta Raurica and Vindonissa over the Bözberg. However, they went a little further north than today, of Effingen about Remigen to Stilli. The first mention of Ramingen place in the year 1064th The village name comes from the Old High German Ramingun and means " among the people of the Ramo ". The village was then part of the yard clean, which belonged to the monastery Murbach in Alsace ( as court one called then the basic rule over a larger area ).
In the 13th century, the Habsburgs made up their sovereign rights west and north of Brugg together in the court Bözberg. These included Remigen also Oberbözberg, Unterbözberg, Lauffohr, Linn, Mönthal, pure, Riniken, Rüfenach, Stilli and Villigen. In these villages, the Habsburgs were those of the high jurisdiction, in Mönthal, Remigen Villigen and the lower courts. King Rudolf I of Habsburg in 1291 bought the farm clean and was thus not only the supreme judge, but also the most important landowner. 1345 gave Queen Agnes of Hungary the courtyard of the monastery Wittichen in the Kinzig Valley (Black Forest). From 1348 the Court changed by pledging hands several times and came to power in 1377 finally Schenkenberg.
When in 1460 the city of Bern conquered the area west of the Aare, changed to the rights of the monastery nothing. However, the nuns had to accept the introduction of the Reformation in 1528. 1544 sold the monastery clean the yard to the Count Hartmann of Hallwyl. In 1566, the separation of the judicial district Bözberg and the court cases of the court were negotiated clean from now on in Stilli was. Between 1588 and 1599 the city of Brugg acquired two-thirds of the court, the city of Bern, the remaining third. In March 1798, the French conquered Switzerland, the disempowered " Gracious gentlemen " of Bern and proclaimed the Helvetic Republic. The yard clean now belonged to the canton of Aargau. 1799 was the front line during the Second Coalition War right through the lower Aare valley. In the region there were several military camp of the French army. By requisitions and looting the villagers suffered great distress.
1803 sparked the Canton of Aargau in the yard clean and raised the villages to independent communities. Until well into the 20th century Remigen was heavily agricultural. Until about 1970, the population stagnated at around 500 but then began a reinforced construction and Remigen developed into a residential community; the population doubled within thirty years.
The Petrus church was first mentioned in 1347 as a branch church of the parish of Pure and probably dates from the 11th or 12th century. Around the middle of the 15th century was extended, a century later, the bell tower was added. The clock tower from 1535 has always been only an hour hand, because at that time the movements were still inaccurate. The crafted iron movement is from Laurentius Liechti from Winterthur. The pendulum of the church clock is 12 m long. The clock had to be brought up earlier every day, and today clock bells are electronically controlled. In the 19th and in the first half of the 20th century, the church has been misused as a wine-growing equipment shed, arms flat and even briefly as a prison. The church was in 1957/58 renovated for the first time and 1999 for the second time.
The Tenth House still preserved, the court Rein was inhabited by a Habsburg Ritter family.
Coat of arms
The blazon of the municipal coat of arms is: ". In red on green Dreienberg jumping white Capricorn " The coat of arms corresponds to that of the lords of Remigen, an extinct around 1300 Ministerialengeschlecht the Habsburgs. The community used the Ibex coat of arms for the first time in 1750 on the official seal.
On December 31, 2013 1044 people lived in Remigen, the proportion of foreigners was 13.6 %. At the 2000 census, 59.3 % were reformed, 26.1 % Roman Catholic, and 3.0 % Muslim; 1.0% belonged to other faiths. 93.3 % identified German as their main language, 1.8% French, 1.6% Albanian, 0.8 % speak Italian.
Politics and Law
The Assembly of the voters, the municipal assembly, shall exercise the legislative power. Executive authority is the five-member council. His term of office is four years and he was elected in Majorzverfahren ( majority voting procedure) by the people. He leads and represents the community. To this end, he implements the decisions of the municipal assembly and the tasks that were assigned to him by the cantonal and federal.
For litigation, the District Court Brugg is responsible. Remigen part of the justice of the peace circle clean.
In Remigen there according to census of 2008, around 300 jobs, of which 24% in agriculture, 39 % in industry and 37 % in services. Nationally known is the private zoo hazel. The majority of workers are commuters and work in Brugg and environment.
Remigen is on the main road that leads from Stilli over the Bürersteig to Laufen castle. Besides roads lead to Mönthal, Riniken and Oberbözberg. The village is the junction of two postal routes, both of which have their starting point at Brugg railway station and operate on two different ways to Laufen castle or Mönthal.
The municipality has a kindergarten and a primary school. The junior high school, secondary school and the school district can be visited in Brugg. The nearest Canton schools ( high schools ) are located in Baden, Wettingen and Aarau.
- Wilhelm Schmid (1892-1971), painter