- Wuppertal -Solingen ( KBS 458 )
- Former Remscheid- Hasten
Remscheid Hauptbahnhof is a railway station in the city of Remscheid Bergisch. It is located at Willy -Brandt-Platz near the Remscheid city center and is part of the train station category 5 He is one of a few main railway stations in major German cities, which are not connected to a wide area network and, together with the Gevelsberger Central Station is one of only two main railway stations, the only of an S -Bahn line can be controlled.
- 2.1 Regional Transport
- 2.2 bus
The Bergisch- Märkische Railway Company opened on September 1, 1868 the first part of their railway Rittershausen -Opladen of Oberbarmen ( then called Rittershausen ) to Lennep, along with a branch line to Remscheid, making the city the first time received railway connection. The Remscheid Station (later the Central Station) was carried out as the outbuilding in the framework construction.
The branch line was extended from September 1, 1883 the Remscheid- Lennep Bahnhof addition, as railway - Hasten after Hasten and received in 1891 by Lennep to Remscheid a second track. Five years later came yet added a compound of Bliedinghausen, but always served only to freight.
In connection with the construction of the line to Bliedinghausen the platform system has been modified. The passenger trains from Hasten received its own head platform west of the reception building. The previously located there overcharge tracks originated east of Bismarck road than the later Vorbahnhof Remscheid Ost new and have for the autumn of 1900 to four tracks connected via a transfer of the Bismarck street to the train station.
During the construction of the link over Güldenwerth to Solingen on the Müngstener bridge the Lokstation had abandoned early 1896 for reasons of space and the Lokunterhaltung be delivered to the resultant in the neighboring town of Lennep depot.
1897 Finally, the gap between Solingen and Remscheid South was closed in 1907 this route was expanded to double track. Thus the Remscheid Baggage possessed in four directions ( and additionally via Lennep direction Opladen ). On August 10, 1911, a representative of stone construction of the new station building was inaugurated, replacing the existing, known because of its limited space available in the vernacular cigar box building. The Hastener route ended still at a dead-end track on the west side of the building, the previous two tracks were supplemented by a central platform and a house platform with intermediate pedestrian bridge and a tunnel to the railway post office, the new building was the reconstruction of part of the platform hall of the station Elberfeld- Döppersberg supplemented and clearance of goods moved in 1911 on the opposite southern side of the track field ( Ladestraße ).
By 1911, called the area around the station at the Bosh, the Third Reich was the name square in front of the Adolf Müller-Straße station.
In 1914 the station was renamed main station in Remscheid, in order to emphasize the importance of the most important railway station in the city of Remscheid. In 1922 the passenger traffic by Hasten has been set, the freight was due to the general cargo traffic to the stations Hasten and Vieringhausen and of wagonload traffic to ten sidings of industrial enterprises at the track still quite extensive. The freight to Hasten in 1986, set up Vieringhausen until 1988, the official route decommissioning was performed on 31 December 1990. Between March 1993 and September 1996, the line was dismantled. 2006, the railway line was converted to the trail path of the tool.
The significance of the main railway station in Remscheid always remained behind the train station, the then neighboring town (until 1929 ) and the present-day district of Lennep, but he was from the opening until the incorporation in Lenneps the most important station on the territory of the city of Remscheid.
On April 28, 1974, the signal box Rf as a track plan pushbuttons interlocking of the type Sp Dr L was put into operation 60 at the southwestern end of the railway property adjacent to the railroad crossing Pape Strasse. It was responsible for the operation of the central station itself, the train station in Güldenwerth, the breakpoint Solingen- Schaberg, the routes to Bliedinghausen and Hasten and for various crossings with barriers in Remscheid.
The simplified form on the remaining foundation walls constructed after the war destruction again and again on August 14, 1956, inaugurated the reception building was for many years the subject of intense discussions. As part of the train only the most necessary work has been carried out, its condition deteriorated and on. As part of the " Regionale 2006 " was adopted as part of the redevelopment of the railway stations and the railway line, therefore, a completely new building of the station. In the period between December 2006 and February 2007, the old station building was demolished. To replace the old pedestrian bridge, was built in November 2006 by the THW a temporary bridge that was up to the completion of the new building in operation. The planned showcase of the economy was not built due to lack of investors, green and recreational facilities have been applied instead.
In April 2009, the renovated main station in Remscheid was opened.
2013 built on the area of the main station, where previously ran the freight tracks, a depot of the private rail company Abellio Rail NRW, which operates the line S 7 since 15 December 2013. The depot comprises inter alia a gas station for diesel railcars and a disposal station for chemical toilets.
During the week, the S drives 7 even in the morning at certain times of Wuppertal- Barmen without stopping to to Dusseldorf main station.
For passenger transport, two platform tracks available, which are used by the trains of the suburban railway, also exist several freight tracks. In the forecourt of the station is the Remscheid bus station, which is served by several lines of Remscheid city works and other transport companies in the city and regional transport.
Source: Stadtwerke Remscheid