Renault Samsung Motors
The Renault Samsung Motors (RSM ) is a South Korean automobile manufacturer which belongs to Renault and 80.1% to 19.9% of Samsung Group and is part of the Renault -Nissan Alliance.
The company was founded as Samsung Motors Inc. (SMI ) in 1994 together with Nissan. In Busan factory was started in 1995 with the building, was built in based on the Nissan Maxima, the first mass-produced car of the brand Samsung ( SM5 ), which came on the market in 1998. Despite the success of this model Samsung had to look because of the Asian crisis a partner. In December 1998, negotiations began with Renault, Renault bought but only after 1999, the Renault-Nissan alliance was sealed in 2000, the majority of shares then 70%. After the introduction of the second model " SM3 " in 2002 Renault-Samsung has an approximately 10% market share in the domestic auto market.
: Derived from the Samsung model is also offered as a Renault model: Renault Scala ( after 2010 ), Renault Koleos, Renault Fluence, Renault Latitude, Renault Talisman
- Samsung SEV -III ( lower middle class) 1994 - 1998; first South Korean electric car ( developed by Samsung Heavy Industries and Samsung as the first automobile produced )
- Samsung SM3 ( lower middle class) than "Nissan Almera " sold based on the Nissan Bluebird Sylphy, facelift in 2005 in South America, Dimensions ( L × W × H): 4510 × 1710 × 2002 from 1440 mm
- Samsung SM5 ( middle class ) 1998 - 2005: now called " Classic SM5 ", based on the 1995 Nissan Cefiro and Nissan Maxima, Dimensions ( L × W × H): 4840 × 1420 mm
- From 2005: based on the Malaysian Nissan Maxima ( in Japan as the Nissan Teana ), Dimensions (L × W × H): 4900 × 1790 × 1480 mm
- Samsung SM7 ( Upper Middle Class ) from 2004: based on the Malaysian Nissan Maxima ( in Japan as the Nissan Teana ), Dimensions (L × W × H): 4940 × 1790 × 1480 mm
- Samsung QM5 (crossover SUV) from 2007: based on blueprints of the Nissan Dualis ( known to us as the Nissan Qashqai ), Dimensions (L × W × H): 4520 × 1890 × 1700 mm
- Samsung SV110 " Yamouzine " ( pickup truck based on the Nissan Atlas )
- Samsung Big Thumb (11 - to 19 -ton truck based on the Nissan Diesel " Big Thumb " )
- Samsung MAN 22.5 t (trucks with up to 22.5 tonnes of cargo capacity; under license from MAN)
- Samsung 61 ton Tractor