The representation of the people is the political representation of the people in an organized and structured organ. The people's representatives at the level of the nation state or a member state is usually referred to as Parliament and belongs at this level with the legislature.
Representation of the people in Germany
In Germany, the people must set in accordance with Article 38 paragraph 1 sentence 2, Article 28, paragraph 1 GG 2 within the Federation, the countries in the counties and municipalities a universal, free, equal, direct and secret have elected representation.
Also Over and above the prescribed by the Constitution people's representatives also popular representation at the level of the Bavarian districts.
The people's representatives are
- In the federal government: the German Bundestag (as part of the legislature of the federal government)
- In a state: the state parliament (Landtag, House of Representatives, citizenship ) (as legislature of the country)
- In a Bavarian district: the County Council (as part of the executive )
- In a circle or County: the County Council (as part of the executive )
- In the community: the local council ( under changing name, see municipal council as part of the executive, if not identical to the country's parliament)
- In parts of large communities: the District Assembly (in Hamburg )
The Federal Council as a second legislative body at the federal level, however, is not a representation of the people. It consists of instruction-bound members of the governments ( executive) and represents the interests of the individual states in the legislative process.
Representation of the people's representatives
The Bundestag President represents the people's representatives Bundestag; it represents the Bundestag as the " symbolic and official personification of Parliament " in its " totality ".