The district of Reutlingen is a district in Baden- Württemberg. He, together with the district of Tübingen and the Zollernalbkreis the Neckar-Alb region, the largest county he is, and is part of the Region of Tübingen. The Reutlingen district is bordered to the north by the district of Esslingen, in the northeast ( with a very short border ) to the Göppingen district, on the east by the Alb- Donau district, in the south by the district of Biberach and the district of Sigmaringen, in the southwest on the Zollernalbkreis, on the west by the district of Tübingen and to the northwest by the district of Böblingen.
- 3.1 Kreistag
- 3.2 District
- 3.3 Coat of Arms
- 3.4 Reutlinger crest dispute
- 3.5 District Partnerships
- 4.1 traffic
- 4.2 District facilities
- 5.1 Cities and Towns before the district reform
The district of Reutlingen has a share in the Swabian Alb and the Albvorland. In the southeast of the district area extends almost to the Danube. The altitude ranges from 290 m above sea level. NN in Central City to 881 m above sea level. NN on the Bolberg at Willmandingen.
In the district of Reutlingen are approximately 185 localities ( towns, villages, hamlets, farms, cottages and groups of houses ).
→ See also: List of places in the district of Reutlingen
The district of Reutlingen goes back to the same old Württemberg upper office, which was built after the transition of the former free imperial city of Reutlingen to Württemberg in 1802. Even before existed in what is now the district offices the Württemberg Urach, Münsingen and Pfullingen, where Pfullingen was dissolved in 1818. The remaining three top positions were changed the course of history several times. From 1810 on she belonged to the bailiwick on the Alb, from 1818 to the Black Forest Circle ( Reutlingen and Urach ) or Donaukreis ( Münsingen ). 1924 both parties were dissolved and in 1934 the three top offices were renamed counties. 1938, the district Urach was abolished and its territory divided between the circles Reutlingen and Münsingen.
In the district reform on 1 January 1973 the district of Reutlingen was enlarged to its present size, by most of the communities of the dissolved district Münsingen ( the others came to Alb- Donau-Kreis ) and several municipalities in the counties of Tübingen, Saulgau, Sigmaringen and Nürtingen were gaining. In return, he had to give to other counties two communities. After completion of the municipal reform of the Reutlingen district includes 26 municipalities and even the unincorporated Gutsbezirk Münsingen. Among the 26 municipalities there are seven cities and of these, in turn, two large district towns ( Metzingen and Reutlingen). The largest town of the district and the youngest big city of Baden -Württemberg in Reutlingen, smallest municipality (without Gutsbezirk Münsingen ) is Mehrstetten.
The population figures are census results (¹) or official updates by the State Statistical Office of Baden- Württemberg ( only primary residences ).
The district is administered by the county council and the district administration.
The district council is elected by the voters in the district for five years. The municipal election held on 7 June 2009 yielded the following distribution of seats (72 seats):
The council elects the District for a term of eight years. This is the legal representative and the representative of the district as well as Chairman of the County Council and its committees. He directs the district office and is an official of the circle. His area of responsibility includes the preparation of the district council meetings and its committees. He shall convene meetings, directs this and implements the decisions taken there. In the bodies he has no voting rights. His deputy is the first state officials.
The district administrators of the former county Münsingen of 1945-1972 are presented in the article Münsingen district. The chief official of the former men Oberamts Reutlingen in 1807 are shown in the article Oberamt Reutlingen.
The district councils of the district of Reutlingen in 1935:
Coat of arms
The coat of arms was granted on 26 August 1980 by the Government of Tübingen.
Description: " In two golden green sloping beams that are outside each accompanied by two small six-pointed golden stars; between the oblique beams three larger six-pointed golden star. "
The county flag in the colors yellow - green ( gold green) was awarded on 27 October 1988.
The former district of Reutlingen had no coat of arms. He used in his seals from 1939, only the three Württemberg deer antler.
For the most parts of the former counties Münsingen and Reutlingen and from splinters of the former counties Sigmaringen, Tubingen, Saulgau, Hechingen and Nürtingen the new district of Reutlingen was formed in 1973. He opted for the coat of arms, in the late medieval coat of arms represents the books already in pre aldi shear time ( 1098 ) extinct Counts of Achalm. As members of this family had founded the monastery Zwiesel, it had been used in seals and coats of arms of the abbey as the founder crest. The sphere of influence of Achalm ranged from the wide surrounding their ancestral castle in the northwest to the southeast and Zwiefalten thus covered most of the area from today's circuit. The circular crest is based on the oldest known representation of the apocryphal Achalmer plate image in the "Stuttgarter armorial " (1439 /50),
See also: List of coats of arms in the district of Reutlingen
Reutlinger crest dispute
As Reutlingen coat of arms dispute the media referred the dispute to the coat of arms of the Counts of Achalm, mapping Achalm knighthood Reutlingen eV since 2011 in their club logo. The founder and president of the Reutlinger Cultural Association, Frank Christoph Schnitzler, this used one on the homepage of the association, whereupon the District Office Reutlingen asked him to remove the coat of arms of the website, since it constitutes the coat of arms of the district of Reutlingen and this an emblem is, and thus claim the sovereign right. After tough year of negotiations and on public threat to sue the district of Reutlingen in a show trial, the agreement was reached eV by the Interior Ministry of Baden- Wuerttemberg, the Government of Tübingen, the District Office of Reutlingen and the Achalm knighthood Reutlingen that the Reutlinger Cultural Association, the may lead crest. This case is unique from all the counties of the Federal Republic of Germany.
The district of Reutlingen maintains partnership relations with the District Saxon Switzerland, Saxony, to the province of Parma in Italy and the Pardubice region in the Czech Republic ( since 2003).
Economy and infrastructure
The district area is of no federal highway touched and therefore only by federal, state and county roads opened up. The main highways are the B - 28 Tübingen Ulm and the B - 312 Reutlingen Biberach an der Riss.
The " Neckar -Alb -Bahn " Tübingen -Stuttgart runs through the northern district area. In addition, the " Ermstalbahn " from Metzingen to Bad Urach, as well as in the southern district area are the " Hohenzollerische Landesbahn " operated in regular intervals.
The public transport system is involved in the transport association Neckar -Alb -Donau ( NALDO ).
The district of Reutlingen is received the following Professional Schools: Ferdinand -von- Steinbeis School (Business School I) Reutlingen, Kerschensteinerschule (Business School II ) Reutlingen, Theodor -Heuss -Schule ( Commercial School ) Reutlingen, Laura Schradin School ( house cost- nursing and social-educational school) Reutlingen, Commercial School Metzingen, Commercial and Domestic Sciences Bad Urach and Vocational School ( Industrial, Commercial, Domestic economic and social pedagogy and agricultural Economics School ) Münsingen also the special school Karl- Georg- Haldenwang School for Mentally Handicapped Münsingen.
The district of Reutlingen is a shareholder of Kreiskliniken Reutlingen GmbH. This company is the recipient of the clinics in Reutlingen, Bad Urach and Münsingen.
Cities and Towns
(Population at 31 December 2012)
Agreed administrative communities and local government associations
Free community area
Cities and Towns before the district reform
Before the district reform in 1973 or before the municipal reform were part of the ( old ) district of Reutlingen in 1938 a total of 37 municipalities, including four cities. The circle area was next to the actual main area one consisting of the three communities Bronnen, squatting at the Lauchert and Mägerkingen enclave in the south. Between the two parts were communities of the counties Hechingen and Sigmaringen.
On March 7, 1968, the parliament of Baden -Württemberg has paved the way for a church reform. The Act to Strengthen the administrative force smaller municipalities, it was possible that smaller communities could voluntarily unite to form larger communities. The first in the old district of Reutlingen made on 1 January 1971 the municipalities Bronnweiler, Gönningen, Oferdingen and Reicheneck that were incorporated into the city of Reutlingen. In the following years the number of municipalities decreased steadily. The remaining municipalities in the old district of Reutlingen went on 1 January 1973 in the new enlarged district of Reutlingen on, only Gomaringen came to the district of Tübingen, and Bronnen came to the district of Sigmaringen.
Largest parish of the old district of Reutlingen was the county town of Reutlingen, which in 1956 was large district since April 1, smallest municipality was Ohnastetten.
The old district of Reutlingen included last an area of 442 km ² and had at the 1970 census, a total of 189 569 inhabitants.
Population development of the old district of Reutlingen until 1970. All population figures are census results.
The communities of the old district of Reutlingen in front of the municipal reform. Almost all municipalities belong still to the district of Reutlingen, only Gomaringen belongs to the district of Tübingen and Bronnen the district of Sigmaringen.