Krefeld Penguins (1955-2004, 2006-2007)
The Rhine Country Hall in Krefeld is a skating rink, built in 1936 at the then Hindenburg Street and was opened under the name "Hindenburg " stadium on November 7, 1936. 1947, the hall was completely renovated and re- built in 1955. Since then it is called the "Rhineland- hall ". It has a capacity of 6,714 seats (of which 2,783 seats).
On 1 February 2001 the Council of the City of Krefeld, to build a new multi-purpose hall decided. The Royal Palace was built over the " old lady " Rhineland hall and opened in 2004.
On 3 December 2004, the last DEL match took place against the Adler Mannheim with the Krefeld Penguins encounter. Today, the Rhineland Hall continues to serve as ice rink and training purposes. The EHC Preussen Krefeld plays its home games from here.
In December 2006, the Rhineland hall was finally once again host some DEL games because some games the Krefeld Penguins by a defect in the Royal Palace in December 2006 and January had to be laid in the Rhineland Hall back in 2007.
- Hockey Stadium in Germany
- Sports hall
- Sports facility in Krefeld
- Built in the 1950s