Ribeira de Pena Municipality
Template: Infobox city in Portugal / Maintenance / old parameter despite LAU
Template: Infobox Municipio / maintenance / management address is empty
Template: Infobox city in Portugal / Maintenance / No Freguesia
Template: Infobox city in Portugal / Maintenance / card is blank Template: Infobox city in Portugal / Maintenance / old parameter despite LAU
Template: Infobox city in Portugal / Maintenance / Height is empty Template: Infobox city in Portugal / Maintenance / Postal Code is empty Template: Infobox city in Portugal / Maintenance / mayor is empty
Template: Infobox city in Portugal / maintenance / road is empty
Template: Infobox city in Portugal / maintenance / management location is empty Template: Infobox city in Portugal / Maintenance / Web page is blank Ribeira de Pena is a small town ( Vila ) in northern Portugal.
Ribeira da Pena is located about 40 km north of the district capital, Vila Real, in ascending to the east highlands of the previous region of Trás -os- Montes. The county town of Vila Pouca de Aguiar is about 15 km to the east, the UNESCO World Heritage town of Guimarães, about 50 km to the west. The circle Ribeira de Pena has a rich and varied landscape, the deep valleys of the Tamego and its tributaries, and the surrounding lush green they characterize the landscape.
Mamoas, rock paintings and other finds evidence of a settlement since at least the Neolithic period. After the Romans BC took the area from the 2nd century, Roman settlers established themselves here. From this period finds such as villas, fasteners, coins and pottery.
During the Reconquest, the town was repopulated. King D.Afonso IV presented on September 29, 1331 in Tentúgal the first city charter for the location, under the name of Terra da Pena. Nuno Álvares Pereira The Knight acquired here, on its merits to the independence of the Kingdom of Portugal in the Revolution of 1383, some estates.
King D.Manuel I. renewed 1517 city rights of the place. In the course of various administrative reforms of the Liberal Revolution in 1822 the resolution of the independent circuit Ribeira de Pena was planned for a short time. Instead, however, the cycle Cerva was dissolved in 1853 and Ribeira de Pena affiliated.
Ribeira de Pena is the seat of an eponymous district ( concelho ) in the district of Vila Real. June 30, 2011 had the circle 6543 inhabitants in an area of 217.5 km ².
The neighboring districts are (clockwise starting from the north ): Boticas, Vila Pouca de Aguiar, Vila Real, Mondim de Basto and Cabeceiras de Basto.
The following municipalities ( Freguesias ) lying in circle Ribeira de Pena:
- Salvador ( local church Ribeira de Pena )
- Santa Marinha
- Santo Aleixo de Além - Tamego
The A7 motorway leads to Ribeira da Pena past that has the connection point No.13 on its own connection.
Before the suspension, the railway line Linha do corgo 2009 was the nearest railway station in about 15 km eastern Vila Pouca de Aguiar. Should the route, as feared by the local people are not put back into operation, no railway connection in the vicinity of the circle is present.
Ribeira da Pena is integrated into the national bus network of speech Expressos.
The writer Camilo Castelo Branco married here on 18 August 1841 until the age of 16, in the municipality of Salvador.
Sons and daughters of the town:
- Veríssimo João de Carvalho (1709-1778), colonial administrator, extended the gold mining in Brazil
- Flávio Meireles (born 1976 ), football player