Ried im Oberinntal
Ried is a municipality with 1243 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) in the district of Landeck, part of the Tyrol ( Austria ). The municipality is located in the judicial district of Landeck.
Ried is located in a central location of the High Court, the upper section of the Tyrolean Inn Valley. This is where the road from the " sunny plateau " ( Ladis, Fiss, Serfaus ) on the road through the Inn Valley Reschenpass.
The name Ried means " marshy area " nevertheless have rich Bronze Age and Roman finds indicate an early settlement. The village was built around a tower, was monitored from which the transit route. First documented references can be found from the 12th century.
Duke Sigmund " the Rich " was the tower to expand into a hunting lodge, after which it was named Sigmundsried. From 1550 was the Sigmundsried Castle administrative center and the seat of the court, which was relocated in 1978 in the district capital of Landeck. In the entrance hall coat of arms and tendrils paintings from the 16th century can be seen.
The parish church was first mentioned in 1397 and can be admired in the Baroque style today.
Ried is now a two seasonal tourism community ( with the surrounding ski areas of Fendels, Serfaus -Fiss -Ladis ) and a major employer in the entire region. Ried was originally the center of the judicial district of Ried in Tirol and the seat of the District Court of Ried in Tirol, but was added to the judicial district of Landeck on January 1, 1978.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms granted in 1973 shows in black a golden basilisk. It is the coat of arms once lived at Castle Siegmundsried Lords of Ried.
Culture and sights
See list of monumental objects in Nauders