Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos
The Archdiocese of Lagos (Latin: Archidioecesis Lagosensis ) is located in Nigeria Metropolitan diocese of the Roman Catholic Church.
Forerunner of today's Archdiocese of Lagos is the most August 28, 1860 from the Vicariate Apostolic of Guinea Superiore di e e Inferiore Sierra Leone, today Archdiocese of Libreville, Gabon, founded Vicariate Apostolic of Dahomey. 1870 changed the name to the Vicariate Apostolic of Costa di Benin and 1943 Apostolic Vicariate of Lagos. Pope Pius XII. raised the Vicariate on 18 April 1950 for the Archdiocese of Lagos today.
In 1969, the suffragan Ijebu -Ode and Abeokuta were established in 1997.
- Jean -Baptiste Chausse SMA (1891-1894)
- Paul pellet SMA (1895-1901)
- Joseph -Antoine long- SMA (1902-1912)
- Ferdinand Terrien SMA (1912-1929)
- Francis O'Rourke SMA (1930-1938)
- Leo Hale Taylor SMA (1939-1965)
- John Kwao Amuzu Aggey (1965-1972)
- Anthony Olubunmi Okogie (1973-2012)
- Alfred Adewale Martins ( since 2012 )