Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Lipa
The Archdiocese of Lipa (Latin: Archidioecesis Lipensis ) is a location in the Philippines Roman Catholic archdiocese based in Lipa City. It includes the province of Batangas.
Pope Pius X founded the bishopric of Lipa on April 10, 1910 made cessions of territory of the Diocese of Caceres and it became the Archdiocese of Manila, is a suffragan.
With the Apostolic Constitution Qui summi Numinis it was collected on 20 June 1972 in the rank of Metropolitanerzbistums.
Parts of its territory it lost in favor of the establishment of the following dioceses:
- July 2, 1936 at the Apostolic Prefecture of Mindoro;
- March 28, 1950 to the bishopric of Lucena;
- April 25, 1950 at the Territorialprälatur Infanta;
- November 28, 1966 to the bishopric of San Pablo.
- Minor Basilica of St. Martin of Tours
Bishops of Lipa
- Joseph Petrelli (12 April 1910-30. March 1915, then Offizial the Curia )
- Alfredo Verzosa y Florentin (6 September 1916-25. February 1951, emeritus)
- Alejandro Olalia (December 28, 1953-20. June 1972 )
Archbishops of Lipa
- Alejandro Olalia (20 June 1972-2. January 1973 died )
- Ricardo Jamin Vidal (22 August 1973-13. April 1981 Koadjutorerzbischof of Cebu )
- Mariano Gaviola y Garcés (April 13, 1981-30. December 1992, resigned )
- Gaudencio Borbon Rosales (30 December 1992-15. September 2003, then Archbishop of Manila )
- Ramon Cabrera Arguelles, since May 14, 2004