Roman Catholic Diocese of Lichinga
The Diocese of Lichinga was born on July 21, 1963 by Pope Paul VI. built with the Apostolic Constitution Nampulensis of cessions of territory of the diocese of Nampula as a diocese Vila Cabral. On July 29, 1976, the Diocese of Vila Cabral was renamed the Diocese of Lichinga.
The Diocese of Lichinga is the Archdiocese of Nampula is a suffragan.
Bishops of Vila Cabral
- Eurico Dias Nogueira, 1964-1972, then Bishop of Sá da Bandeira
- Luís Gonzaga Ferreira da Silva SJ, 1972-1976
Bishops of Lichinga
- Luís Gonzaga Ferreira da Silva SJ, 1976-2003
- Hilário da Cruz Massinga OFM, 2003-2008, then Bishop of Quelimane
- Elio Giovanni Greselin SCJ, since 2008