Roman Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle
The Diocese of Maitland - Newcastle (Latin: Dioecesis Maitlandensis - Novocastrensis ) is a location in Australia Roman Catholic diocese based in Maitland.
The Diocese of Maitland - Newcastle was posted on June 25, 1847 by Pope Pius IX. built out of territory of the Archdiocese of Sydney as Diocese of Maitland and this is a suffragan. The Diocese of Maitland was renamed on June 4, 1995 Diocese of Maitland - Newcastle.
Bishops of Maitland
- Charles Henry Davis, OSB, 1846-1854
- James Murray, 1865-1909
- Patrick Vincent Dwyer, 1909-1931
- Edmund Aloysius John Gleeson CSsR, 1931-1956
- John Thomas Toohey, 1956-1975
- Leo Morris Clarke, 1976-1995
Bishops of Maitland - Newcastle
- Leo Morris Clarke, 1995
- Michael John Malone, 1995-2011
- William Wright, since 2011