Roman Catholic Diocese of Paterson
The Diocese of Paterson (Latin: Dioecesis Patersonensis ) is a located in the United States Roman Catholic diocese based in Paterson, New Jersey.
The Diocese of Paterson was born on December 9, 1937 by Pope Pius XI. built with the Apostolic Constitution Recta cuiusvis of cessions of territory of the Diocese of Newark. It was the Archdiocese of Newark, is a suffragan.
The Diocese of Paterson includes the areas located in the state of New Jersey Morris County, Passaic County and Sussex County.
Bishop of Paterson
- Thomas Henry McLaughlin, 1937-1947
- Thomas Aloysius Boland, 1947-1952, then Archbishop of Newark
- James Aloysius McNulty, 1953-1963, then Bishop of Buffalo
- James Johnston Navagh, 1963-1965
- Lawrence Bernard Brennan Casey, 1966-1977
- Frank Joseph Rodimer, 1977-2004
- Arthur Joseph Serra setting, since 2004