Roman Catholic Diocese of Sale
The Diocese of Sale ( Latin: Dioecesis Saliensis ) is a location in Australia Roman Catholic diocese based in Sale.
The Diocese of Sale was on May 10, 1887 by Pope Pius IX. built out of territory of the Archdiocese of Melbourne and this is a suffragan.
Bishops of Sale
- James Francis Corbett, 1887-1912
- Patrick Phelan, 1912-1925
- Richard Ryan CM, 1926-1957
- Patrick Francis Lyons, 1957-1967
- Arthur Francis Fox, 1967-1981
- Joseph Eric D' Arcy, 1981-1988, then Archbishop of Hobart
- Jeremiah Joseph Coffey, 1989-2008
- Christopher Prowse, 2009-2013, then Archbishop of Canberra - Goulburn
- Vacant See, Since 2013