Rombas ( German Rombach, Lorraine Rombéch ) is a commune with 9929 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2011 ) in the department of Moselle in the Lorraine region. It belongs to the district of Metz- Campagne and is capital of the canton Rombas.
The community Rombas located about 20 kilometers northwest of Metz in Ornetal.
The place is named after a Frank named Rumo, who took the field in the 7th century in possession. 972 the place is mentioned as Romesbach, the French name first appeared in 1185 as a Romesbas. Rombas is located on the French side of the historic German - French language border which was only a few kilometers to the east since the Middle Ages.
Rombas was once dominated by the steel industry, were temporarily up to eight blast furnaces in operation. They were some of the Rombacher smelters.
Rombas maintains a partnership for Hessian town of herring ( Werra).
- Towers ...
- Church of Saint- Rémi
- Reformed Church ( EPRAL )