Rosenthaler Platz (Berlin U-Bahn)
Metro Station Rosenthalerplatz is a station on line U8 of the Berlin U -Bahn in the Mitte district under the eponymous square and the fountain street. It was opened on 18 April 1930 and bears in station list the name of the LOB Ro The station has an elevator to exit the platform and is therefore called a barrier-free.
The approximately seven meters below street level station has an up to eight -meter wide and 130 meter long central platform and is covered with orange tiles. Like many other stations of this construction also this was designed by Alfred Grenander.
August 13, 1961, this station was a " ghost station ". The trains of the BVG drove without stopping by through the GDR territory located in the train station. On 22 December 1989 the Metro Station was commissioned as a second after the Jannowitzbruecke subway station back into service to intercept the rush of GDR citizens better in the western part of Berlin. This station was selected because of its good road and rail link was fitted to the monetary union on 1 July 1990 at a border crossing point.
At the metro station is a transfer possibility from the U8 to the tram M1, M8 and 12 and the bus line 142 of the Berlin Transport Authority.