The community is located near the Rue Somme Bay, the estuary of the Somme in the English Channel, about 25 kilometers northwest of Abbeville. The town itself is situated on the left bank of the river Maye.
In 1101 the cross of Saint Esprit arrived on a boat in the harbor. The port took the place a fortification, but after the harbor was silted up, this attachment was abandoned in 1668.
Culture and sights
- From 1440 to 1515 the Chapelle du Saint -Esprit was built in the style of the Flemish Gothic style sanctuary for pilgrims who came to pray at the cross of Saint Esprit.
- The church of Saint - Wulphy was restored from 1828 to 1833 in the style of neoclassicism.
Chapelle de l' Hôtel- Dieu
The brothers Gaston Caudron and René Caudron built an aircraft factory of its company Société des Avions Caudron (1909-1933) in Rue. The town has a museum that pays tribute to this French aircraft pioneers.