Center Rumisberg

Rumisberg is a municipality in the Oberaargau the canton of Bern in Switzerland.


Rumisberg is located on 638 m above sea level. M., 11 km northeast of the town of Solothurn (air line). The scattered village extends a scenic location on a Verebnungsfläche on the southern slopes of the Jura ( Leberberg ), approximately 200 m above the plane of the Swiss plateau, above Wiedlisbach, in the region of Upper Aargau.

The area of ​​5.2 km ² large municipality area includes a portion of the Jura south slope. The slope of Rumisberg is divided by several small, the Aare River inflowing streams. He is the product of a massive landslide that occurred at the end of the crack ice age, when the retreat of the glacial Rhone glacier was eliminated the stabilizing effect of the ice. Therefore, the southern limb of the anticline the first Jura chain slipped and left a large landslide zone, recognizable Vorhügelzone in the area of the village.

From the trough in Gunzeney and the Bodenacker the communal land extends northward up on the terrace of Rumisberg and open, initially relatively gently sloping Jura south slope. Above about 850 to 900 m above sea level. M. is the slope covered with forest and is surrounded by the unspoilt landscape of shadow mountain ( 1,153 m above sea level. M. ) and the Ankehubels surmounted ( 1,085 m above sea level. M. ). The highest point of Rumisberg is on the Höllchöpfli with 1'231 m above sea level. M. reached. The chain of the liver mountain has two combs on in this area, both of which belong to the northern limb of the anticlines: The southern mountain with the shadow and the Ankehubel is constructed from limestone of the Dogger, the northern with the Höllchöpfli and the Rüttelhorn ( 1,193 m above sea. M. ) consists of Malmkalk. On this ridge the northern parish boundary runs. The areas between the two hard rock strata softer clay and marl layers were stronger removed by erosion, so that was a valley floor that is drained northward to Dünnern through the gorge of the horn trench. From the municipality surface 1997 8 % were settlements, 42 % of forest and shrubs, 49% to agriculture and slightly less than 1% was unproductive land.

To Rumisberg include the settlements Shors (778 m above sea level. M. ) and Weiss field (720 m above sea level. M. ) on the hillside above the village as well as some individual farms. Neighboring communities of Rumisberg are Wolfisberg, Oberbipp, Wiedlisbach, Attiswil and Farnern in the canton of Bern and Aedermannsdorf and Matze village in the canton of Solothurn.


With 467 inhabitants ( 31 December 2012) Rumisberg one of the small communities of the Canton of Bern. Of the residents 98.5 % are German, 0.4 % Italian-speaking and 0.4 % speak Serbo-Croatian (as of 2000). The population of Rumisberg amounted in 1850 to 471 residents in 1900 to 353 inhabitants. During the 20th century, the population fluctuated always in the range 320-390 people. Since 1980 (378 inhabitants) a significant population increase was recorded.


Rumisberg was until the second half of the 20th century, mainly coined by farming village. Even today, the farming and fruit growing in the deeper layers as well as the livestock and dairy farming in the upper part of the municipality have an important place in the economic structure of the population. More jobs are in small local manufacturing and services available. In Rumisberg now a Plattenlegergeschäft, a transport company, a locksmith and a carpenter are represented. In recent decades, the village has developed thanks to its attractive location into a residential community. Many workers are therefore commuters who work mainly in the larger towns along the Jura foothills between Solothurn and Olten.


The community is located off of the larger passage axes, but is moderately traffic quite well developed yet. The main access is from Wiedlisbach. The nearest links to the A1 ( Bern- Zurich ) is located approximately 4 km from the town center. By bus, which operates direct flight from Wangen an der Aare Farnern, Rumisberg is connected to the public transport network.


The first written mention of the village was carried out in 1364 under the name Rumolsberg. Later, the names Rumisperg ( 1464 ), Rümysperg ( 1518) and Rumisberg (1577 ) published. The name goes back to the Old High German personal name Rumold and therefore means mountain / mountain pasture of Rumold.

Since the Middle Ages Rumisberg was under the management of the Counts of Frohnburg Landgraviate Buchsgau. It was in the reign Bipp and shared their fate. As part of this rule Rumisberg 1413 came under the joint management of Berne and Solothurn. After the division of Buchsgaus the village in 1463 came under the sole dominion of Berne and the bailiwick Bipp been assigned. Until 1511 Rumisberg formed together with the adjacent Farnern a community.

After the collapse of the Ancien Régime (1798 ) belonged Rumisberg during the Helvetic Republic to the district from 1803 to the cheeks and upper cheeks Office, which received the status of an office district with the new cantonal constitution of 1831.


In the old town a number of characteristic farmhouses is usually receive the 18th century. In the village square of Hans Roth fountain in memory of a native of Rumisberg Hans Roth, who in 1382 warned the Solothurn before a planned raid by the Kyburg. Rumisberg does not have its own church, it belongs to the parish Oberbipp.


Center Rumisberg