- Ranbir Kapoor: Ranbir Raj
- Sonam Kapoor: Sakina
- Rani Mukerji: Gulabji
- Salman Khan: Imaan
- Zohra Sehgal: Lilian
- Begum Para: Sakina's grandmother
Saawariya (Hindi: सावरिया, sāvariyā; lit. translation: "Beloved "). 's A feature from director Sanjay Leela Bhansali in 2007, the filmmaker previously staged several commercial successes such as Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999), Devdas ( 2002) and Black ( 2005). The story " White Nights " by Fyodor Dostoevsky in 1848 was " Saawariya " as a literary model and by and large remained the structure.
Ranbir Raj, a free spirited idealist and dreamer, come in a dreamy city, where he worked in the club " RK " occurs as the lead singer. Here he befriends the prostitutes Gulabji. It gives him the old Lilian, when he finds an accommodation. In the club he does not have much chance due to his naivety. One night he meets a mysterious girl with an umbrella alone on a bridge. When he tried to start a conversation with her, she runs away. But he does not give up and eventually they become friends.
Just when Ranbir wants to confess his true feelings for her, she shows him the reason for their misfortune: She's waiting for her love, Imaan. A year ago, Imaan has left her and promised to meet them on this bridge. Since then, she waits for him. Nevertheless, Raj confesses his love for her. At first she resists, but gradually begins to accept her love shape. But after only a few moments where the two spend beautiful moments comes Imaan. Sakina seems their strong love she felt for Raj to forget completely and goes back to Imaan.
Raj recognizes her luck and tells her that he lives only in the few moments that he spent with her. After a tearful farewell Sakina Raj leaves with their Imaan.
- The director Sanjay Leela Bhansali has composed the song Thode badmash.
- Ranbir Kapoor, son of Rishi Kapoor and the grandson of legendary director and actor Raj Kapoor makes his debut in this film, as well as his co-star Sonam Kapoor, daughter of Anil Kapoor.
- Ranbir Kapoor has received all Awards for Best Debutant.
- Best Playback Singer of the song Jab Se Shaan for Tere Naina
- Best debut of Ranbir Kapoor
- RD Burman Award Monty Sharma
- Best Supporting Actress ( nominated ) Rani Mukherji
- Most Promising Newcomer to Ranbir Kapoor
- Stardust Superstar of Tomorrow - Female to Sonam Kapoor
- Stardust Superstar of Tomorrow - Male Ranbir Kapoor at
- Standout performance by a Music Director Monty Sharma
- Standout performance by a Lyricst to Sandeep Nath for the song Yoon Shabnami