Saint- Aignan ( Breton: Sant - Inan ) is a commune of 653 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2011 ) in the department of Morbihan in the Brittany region. It belongs to the Local Government Association, Pontivy Communauté.
Saint- Aignan is located in the far north of the department of Morbihan on the border with the department of Cotes -d'Armor and belongs to the Pays de Pontivy.
Neighboring communities are located in the department of Côtes- d'Armor communes of Saint - Gelven and Caurel in the north and Mûr -de -Bretagne in the east, in the southeast Neulliac, Cléguérec in the South and Sainte -Brigitte in the West.
The place is because of its proximity to Mur-de -Bretagne near roads for inter-regional traffic. Passing through the municipality, the D18/D35 Plouay direction Mûr -de -Bretagne. The most important road is the N164, which passes just a few miles away to the north.
The most important body of water is the Lac de Guerlédan in the north of the municipality. In addition, there are numerous ponds in the municipality. Another important body of water is the river Blavet. These also form part of the municipality and the department of border. A not insignificant part of the municipal area is covered by forests. The largest are the Forêt de Quénécan, Bois du Pouldu, Bois de Toul he Roc'h and Bois de Brons.
The municipality belongs to the historic region of Brittany Bro Gwened (French Vannetais ) and within this region to region Bro Pondi (French Pays de Pontivy ) and shares his story. Since 1793 Saint- Aignan, in the canton Cléguérec.
- Village church of Saint- Aignan from the 15th century; repeatedly restored and enlarged in 1894
- Chapel Saint -Ignace in the forest of Quénécan from the 17th century
- Chapel Saint -Marc in the forest of Quénécan from 1688
- Chapel Sainte- Tréphine in Castel Finans from 1897
- Farm in Corboulo to 1793
- House of Bot - Pleven from the 16th century
- House Porh -Antoine from 1733
- The three wells Saint- Ignace, Saint- Méen and Notre -Dame des Forces at the chapel Saint -Ignace from the 17th century
- Remains of prehistoric camp of Castel Finans from the Iron Age
Village church of Saint- Aignan
Aerial view of the lake Lac de Guerlédan
Remains of the camp of Castel Finans