Samcheok is a city in Gangwon Province. Located off the east coast of South Korea city is mainly known for its limestone caves, of which the cave Hwanseongul is the largest of its kind in Korea. 1.6 km of a total of 6.4 km long cave was opened to the public in 1997.
- Wangqing County in the autonomous municipality of Yanbian, Jilin Province, China (4 September 1997)
- Dongying City, Shandong Province, China ( 24 March 1999)
- Kurobe in Toyama prefecture, Japan ( 5 November 1998 )
- Akabira ( Sorachi district ) in the prefecture of Hokkaido, Japan (18 July 1997)
- Kanda ( Miyako district ) in the prefecture of Fukuoka, Japan ( July 1997)
- Leesburg (Virginia ), USA ( 2003)