Samsunspor 1965 Kulübü is a Turkish football club from Samsun.
- 8.1 Transfers of the 2013/14 season
The Samsunspor in 1965 by the merger of four amateur teams from Samsun - Based - 19 Mayıs, Fener Gençlik, Akınspor and Samsunspor. The newly established association was to professional football club. The current team colors are red and white. In addition, the color black was added as a symbol of mourning after a tragic accident in 1989 on the way to an away game to Malatya. The symbol of the club is a representation of Ataturk on a horse riding. Samsunspor is the only Turkish professional football club that bears the founder of the Turkish Republic in its coat of arms.
Accident in 1989
On 19 January 1989, the team of Samsunspor traveled to the away game to Malatya. The Vereinsbus collided with a truck. During an accident the coach Nuri Asan, players Mete Adanir, Muzaffer Badaloğlu, Zoran Tomic and the bus driver Asim Özkan lost their lives. Other players like Yüksel Özan, Emin Kar, Erol Dinler, Şanver Göymen, Kasim cikla, Yüksel Öğüten and Halil Albayrak were sometimes very badly injured. Emin Kar, Erol Dinler and Yüksel Öğüten had to end her career. Today's training ground was named after the then- deceased trainer Nuri Asan.
Because of this accident Samsunspor could not play in the Süper Lig and all encounters counted with 0:3 for the opponents in the season 1988-1989. The Turkish Football Federation Türkiye Futbol Federasyonu (TFF ) decided nevertheless that the club was top notch.
In the following season the club was relegated to the second league.
Top-flight time from 1992 to 2006
From the season 1992/93 to 2005/2006 the club played continuously in the first division. Samsunspor once won the title of the Balkans Cup. Although the club never took part in the European Cup, but twice qualified for the Intertoto Cup and played at that time, among other things also against Hamburger SV and Werder Bremen. In the 1997/98 season, the club of the former German international Horst Hrubesch was trained. In the 2005/2006 season Samsunspor finished 17th place and thus for 13 years rose for the first time in the second Turkish league, which currently bears the name of Bank Asya 1 Lig from. In the 2010/2011 season Samsunspor increases again after five years on in the Süper Lig. The most successful Turkish scorer of all time Tanju Çolak, who once won the golden shoe, his professional career began at Samsunspor. Ilhan Mansız, the former international, who in Japan and South Korea successfully participated in the 2002 World Cup and has now ended his active career, also made for the first time to gain recognition in Samsunspor. With Serkan Aykut, who scored the most goals in the history of Samsunspor, 173 of which 165 in the Süper Lig, the club has produced another scorer. In the 1999/2000 season he was top scorer with 30 goals. He, too, is one of the most successful Turkish goalscorers of all time.
The return to the first league
On 9 July 2010, the Samsunspor supporters protested the participation of all three major club in order to make bad on the financial position and sporting prospects attention and called on politicians to support the team.
After 30 matchdays of the season 2010/2011 the team of Hüseyin Kalpar rose after a 3-0 over Güngören Belediyespor, the first time since relegation in 2006, again in the Süper Lig on. The seventh rise in the history of the club, the team made to the record holder in this area, in front together with Karsiyaka. The President of the Association was on 22 March 2012 announced that the club has no debt.
Back in the Süper Lig
In June, Vladimir Petković was presented as the new coach, but the team staff have been with well-known players, among others Michael Fink and Selim Teber. On the last day of the transfer period, the team was again reinforced with the former Mainz Aristide Bance.
Samsunspor started the season Süper Lig 2011/12 with a home game victory over Genclerbirligi 3-2, the first goal after comeback achieved Aristide Bance. On the second day there was a 1:3 away defeat to Galatasaray. Already on Matchday came for Samsunspor the most important game of the season against arch-rivals Trabzonspor, in which you did not come to a 1-1 draw despite field superiority in the second half. Goal of the day for the home side scored the newcomer Ergün Teber. Despite a good start to the season with 4 points in the first three games, the Samsunspor trailer had to wait until the 12th Round of victory. With the 1-0 victory over Antalyaspor there was the first win since the opening day. But this victory did not show the expected increase form. Samsunspor remained the last five games without a win and ended the Hinserie with only 12 points on the 17th place in the table with a gap of four points on a non- relegation zone.
For the second round the team was reinforced by Murat Ceylan, Serdar Özkan Uğur Boral and Theofanis Gekas of Eintracht Frankfurt, the latter having joined the team later. In early December, the agreements were resolved by Ergün Teber and Mustafa Sarp mutual consent. Also the rise of goalkeeper Ahmet Sahun joined the club, he went back to the 2nd league Elazığspor. The second round for the team from the Black Sea began on January 4, with the away game in Ankara against Genclerbirligi. The outwardly weak guests fought against the strong home host at least one point. The first home game of the season Samsunspor played against the league leaders Galatasaray. The guests, who had traveled with a 6- victory - series to Samsun, were regarded as the clear favorite, but two goals from Ekigho Ehiousun and a strong first half went the Tabellensiebzehnte with a 2-0 lead into the cabin. But in the second half managed Samsunspor not to defend their lead and lost the game with 2:4. During the week Samsunspor played in the Turkish Cup against neighboring club Orduspor and won 4-2 on penalties. On 20 Round Samsunspor lost the derby at Trabzonspor 0:4. The next Round Samsunspor won again after a long time with a 2-0 win against Orduspor, then left Vladimir Petkovi the club and was replaced by Mesut Bakkal. After a draw with Manisaspor and a home defeat against Istanbul BB the club had already nine points behind the safe shore, and the next opponent was last year's champion Fenerbahce Istanbul. Having started as underdogs in the game won by the Black Sea Club, thanks to the three goals from Theofanis Gekas 3:1 against Fenerbahce. The next Round is played against the league neighbors Kardemir Karabükspor. Lange played in outnumbering the game was still lost with 1:2. On the way back to Samsun the team bus was hit by a train, with no players from wearing a serious injury. After a 3-1 victory over Eskisehirspor and a 3-0 away to Ankaragucu team Mesut Bakkal only deri points was removed by a non- relegation zone despite nine - point deficit. After a home defeat over Bursaspor Samsunspor won its away game against Antalyaspor 2-0. On 30 Round came with Gaziantepspor a team to Samsun, which also played for the league. Despite the many ways it was not possible to get past the keeper to score the game ended in a 0-0 draw, after which fans tore up after the game grandstand seats and threw on the pitch. Kayserispor lost the team with 0:2 and the 6- point deficit remained. Not even the home win over Mersin Idman Yurdu changed anything since Antalyaspor at the same time the already relegated taillight MKE Ankaragucu won 3-0. After a surprise victory at the 33rd game against Besiktas Samsunspor had on the 34th and final day, the chance to avoid relegation with a win from the Super Lig. For this purpose, the table Fifteenth Antalyaspor would, however, may not score in his match against Fenerbahce. So it happened, but lost at home against Samsunspor Sivasspor 1:2 and was thus the third relegated team in the Super Lig season 2011/12.
Samsun 19 Mayıs Stadı
The Samsun 19 Mayıs Stadı is a multi-purpose stadium in the center of the Turkish city of Samsun. It is the venue of the football club Samsunspor in the Süper Lig and can accommodate 19,720 spectators.
In June 2011, the Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan announced that a new stadium with a capacity of 30,000 spectators in Tekkeköy, 30 km from the current stadium is to be built.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms shows the founder of Turkey Ataturk on a horse riding. The model for this representation is a statue erected in 1931 by the sculptor Heinrich Krippel for the city of Samsun.
- The largest traditional rival Trabzonspor.
- The first official meeting between these two teams took place in 1967. At that time Samsunspor defeated his opponent 1-0.
- The first edition of this duel, however, there were already 1955, when the respective predecessors of the two teams and 19 Mayis Trabzon Idman Ocagi clashed in Samsun. Since the fans wanted to storm the field, the referee stopped the game immediately. But this incident was only the first, the subsequent scandals.
- The first major incident occurred in 1994, when both team to a European Cup playing space. Through a controversial red card for Daniel Timofte in the 30th minute and further bad decisions of the referee brought the home crowd on against him. When there was an unauthorized penalty for the visitors after 84 minutes, broke all barriers. Hundreds of fans tried to storm the pitch and attacking the referee. The former captain of Samsunspor Ercan Kologllu helped the referee, unharmed to get into the cabins. The game was evaluated from the perspective of 0:3 Samsunspor. In addition, there was a three- match ban, but this was reduced to one game after an appeal.
- These two teams were also involved in 2002 in the biggest scandal of the Turkish football referee. For a long time both teams were fighting against relegation. In the pre-decisive duel between the two teams Trabzon went away a 2-0 lead. After the first goal the hosts a penalty was withdrawn just before the end. Four years after this incident was when the then referee Sadik Ilhan to to have given intentionally no penalty: " The MIC chairman warned me before the game that Trabzon should win this game, and I have - although he would have been entitled - no been Penalty ".
- At the last meeting of the two teams in January 2012, the team bus was attacked with stones Samsunspor and knives.
- Twice a third place in the Süper Lig: 1985 /86 and 1986/87
- Turkish Cup Finalist 1988 ( 1:1 & 0:2 ) against Sakaryaspor
- Most table guides of a non- master
- Turkish second division champions: 1969, 1976, 1982, 1985, 1991, 1993
- Finals Başbakanlık Kupası 1988: 2:3 against Beşiktaş JK
- Balkan Cup: 1994th Samsunspor is the last team that won the Balkans Cup.
- Winning the Cup Minister of Sport: 1976 ( 2-1 against Bursaspor )
- Two-fold participation in the UEFA Intertoto Cup: 1997 and 1998
- The only Turkish team that defeated an English team in both matches: UEFA Intertoto Cup in 1998 against Crystal Palace
- Player with most appearances: Ercan Kologlu with 302 inserts
- Top goals: Serkan Aykut 176
- Biggest win: 8-2 against Petrol Ofisi in the 1994/95 season
- Biggest defeat: 1:8 against Fenerbahce in the 1993/94 season
Squad of the 2013/14 season
- Last update: January 30, 2014
Transfers of the season 2013/14
- Ahmet Burak Solakel ( Denizlispor )
- Taha Yalçıner (Adana Demirspor )
- Adnan Gungor ( Karşıyaka SK)
- Murat Akyuz ( Karşıyaka SK)
- Ekigho Ehiosun2 ( Gençlerbirliği Ankara)
- Fatih Kılıçkaya (Kayseri Erciyesspor )
- Aykut Çift1 ( Iskenderunspor 1967)
- Arif Şahin (Gaziantep BB)
- Eldin Adilović (Željezničar Sarajevo)
- Aminu Umar ( Wikki Tourists )
- Abdulkadir Özgen1 ( Sivasspor )
- Onur Karakabak1 (Fenerbahçe Istanbul)
- Mustafa Kayabaşı1 ( Gençlerbirliği Ankara)
- Lokman Gör1 ( Antalyaspor )
- Adem Sarı1 ( Eskişehirspor )
- Mehmet Sak1 ( Bursaspor )
- Fatih Şen ( Boluspor )
- Nikolay Dimitrov ( Boluspor )
- Ahmet ARI1 ( Bursaspor )
- Oğuzhan Azğar2 ( Derince Belediyespor )
- Canberk Dilaver ( Orduspor )
- Faik Mintás ( Sancaktepe Belediyespor )
- Darryl Roberts (-)
- Aykut Çift2 ( Belediye Vanspor )
- Aykut Çift2 (1930 Bafraspor )
- Ercan Yazıcı2 ( Şanlıurfaspor )
- Haluk Türkeri ( Boluspor )