San Giustino is an Italian municipality ( comune ) with 11,397 inhabitants (as of 31 December 2012) in the province of Perugia in Umbria.
The community is located about 52 kilometers northwest of Perugia and about 25 kilometers northeast of Arezzo in the Tiber valley. The community is directly adjacent to the provinces of Arezzo (Tuscany) and Pesaro and Urbino (Marche).
The districts include Celalba, Cospaia ( 357 meters altitude), Selci Lama and Uselle - Renzetti.
Since the Risorgimento the place experienced a population increase of about 5,000 inhabitants to about 10,000 in 2001.
- Chiesa di San Giustino Arcipretale, Church in the town center
- Church of the Most Holy Crucifix, built by Giovanni Ottavio Bufalini church contains works of Della Robbia family
At the community over the highway-like developed Strada Statale 3to leads (north branch of the Via Flaminia ) from Perugia to Ravenna in the north. The Strada Statale di Bocca 73bis Trabaria leads from San Giustino eastward to the Adriatic Sea. The Ferrovia Centrale Umbra serves the station, which is on the route from Terni about Perugia to Sansepolcro.
For a long time the district Cospaia an independent republic. When Pope Eugene IV in 1440 sold land to the Republic of Florence, one of the country was not mentioned in the contract of sale deed, so that the residents immediately declared independent. The independent land was then used for the smuggling of goods and reclaimed for growing tobacco. 1826, the area (3.3 square kilometers) was then divided between Tuscany and the Papal States.