San Pellegrino Terme
San Pellegrino Terme is a town in the province of Bergamo, with 4947 inhabitants ( 31 December 2012).
The municipality is located in Val Brembana the Brembo river, about 24 km from Bergamo and 70 km from Milan.
The name San Pellegrino refers to the bishop and martyr, which the parish church was consecrated in the 8th century. The place was up in the 16th century, when a route was built, quite isolated. In the late 18th century the town developed thanks to its mineral springs with 26 ° C temperature to a thermal bath. Important facilities were built in the early 20th century, the Liberty style: the bathing facilities, the casino and the Grand Hotel.
1906-1966 the place by the ferrovia Brembana was reached.
In San Pellegrino Terme San Pellegrino mineral water is bottled.