Life and career
Her first recording contract got Shaw 1964. As Long as You're Happy Baby was her first album, but still was not successful. However, this turned out a in October 1964, when she had a million seller with a composition by Burt Bacharach and Hal David Always Something There to Remind Me. The next Chris Andrews wrote hits for them, and in 1967 was one of Sandie Shaw 's most successful singers in the UK.
On April 8, 1967, she won in Vienna with Puppet on a String 12 Euro Vision Song Contest. Your Barefoot performance in Vienna was so far a small scandal when the Austrian organizers as opposed to the usual multi-purpose halls after all, the Hofburg Palace, once the seat of the Austrian imperial family, selected.
In 1965, Shaw also sang in German, mostly English versions of their hits. The songs as you know nothing of your happiness (1965 No. 25 ), I'll see you again (1966 No. 39 ), Hoopoe In May ( Puppet on a String, 1967 36th place ) and you 're wonderful (1968 No. 28 ) but were have had little success, while its euro Vision Puppet on a string title in Germany the number one reached 23 weeks and remained in the Top 10.
1984 coverte Sandie Shaw along with Morrissey, the single Hand in Glove and enthusiastic fans of The Smiths ( Radio One 's Saturday Live on April 14, 1984). In the British charts they got away with it up to # 27 After studying at the University of Oxford and at the London Universities Sandie Shaw is now working as a psychoanalyst. To date, Sandie Shaw published at irregular intervals plates, which are all the rage, but have nothing to do with the Sandie 1960s.
On 26 March 2007 published Sandie Shaw Puppet Got Brand New String a remake of her hit Puppet on a String in the American Podsafe Music Network. The new piece is now freely available online and can be played worldwide by podcasters without levy of fees.
- ( There's ) Always Something There to Remind Me 1964 ( U.S. number 52, UK # 1 )
- Girl Do not Come 1964 ( U.S. number 42, UK number 3 )
- Long Live Love 1965 ( U.S. # 97, UK # 1, D # 28 )
- Message Understood 1965 ( UK # 6 )
- How Can You Tell 1965 ( UK # 21 )
- Tomorrow 1966 ( UK number 9 )
- Nothing Comes Easy 1966 ( UK number 14 )
- Run 1966 ( UK # 32 )
- Think Sometimes About Me 1966 ( UK # 32 )
- I Do not Need Anything 1967 ( UK # 50 )
- Puppet on a String 1967 ( UK # 1, D # 1, AT # 1, NL # 1 )
- Tonight In Tokyo 1967 ( UK # 21 )
- You've Not Changed 1967 ( UK number 18 )
- Today 1968 ( UK # 27 )
- Monsieur Dupont 1969 ( UK # 6 )
- Think It All Over 1969 ( UK number 42 )
- Hand In Glove 1984 ( UK # 27 )
- Are You Ready To Be Heartbroken 1986 ( UK number 68 )
- Frederick 1986 ( UK number 93 )
- Please Help The Cause Against Loneliness 1988 ( UK number 86 )
- Nothing Less Than Brilliant 1994 ( UK # 66 )