St. Aegidi is a municipality in the western part of Upper Austria with 1596 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013). It belongs to the district Schärding in Innviertel and is located in the judicial district Schärding.
St. Aegidi is located on 599 m above sea level on the eastern edge of the Sauwald. The location on an undulating plateau is just 1 km air distance from the Danube, but 320 meters above the stream. The expansion of the municipal territory is 7.1 kilometers from north to south, from west to east 7.9 km. The total area is 28.6 km ², 36.7 % of the area is forested, 58.4 % of the area is used for agriculture.
Districts of the municipality
Adel Grub, Au, width-, village, Dornedt, Eben, springs, Flenkental, Fraunhof, Earl village, Grübl Gschwendt, Höllau, Hackendorf, Henn village, Inner conducting, Kößlau, fiefs Maierhof, Mittelbach, Mühlbach, Oberleiten, Panholz, Prünst, Reisedt, Reiting, Sagedt, sunny slope, Saint Aegidi, showers, Steinedt, rhinestones, Tullern, Vogl Grub, Walleiten, Wallern, Witzenedt, Room directing.
Coat of arms
Blazon: From red and silver in the curved cut diagonally left divided; above a silver, growing Abtstab, down a red wolf fuselage. The municipality colors are green, white and red
1294 was the first written mention of St. Aegidi. St. Aegidi was in the Middle Ages part of Austria above the Enns. The municipality is also located the ruins Harchheim that was removed mid-16th century in favor of St. Pancras Church.
1810 to 1816 there was a brief membership in the Kingdom of Bavaria. After the annexation of Austria to the German Reich on 13 March 1938, the town belonged to the " Upper Danube ". After 1945 the restoration of Upper Austria. For 700 - year anniversary in 1994 was from the Upper Austrian. Awarded State Government, by order of 18 April 1994, the right to bear a coat of arms municipality.
In 1991, the municipality had 1592 inhabitants according to the census, in 2001 then 1644 inhabitants.