- ÖVP: 10
- SPÖ: 4
- FPÖ: 1
Sankt Lambrecht is a town with 1425 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) in the judicial district or district Murau in Styria and highest market town of the state ( 1028 meters above sea level) in Thajagraben the Styrian -Carinthian border mountain. From 1 January 2015 it is merged in the Styrian municipality structural reform with the town of Sankt bubbles, the new community will be known as " Sankt Lambrecht ".
Industries are wood processing (windows, furniture), a dynamite factory (civil explosives) and tourism.
Adjacent to St. Lambrecht ( starting in the north clockwise) the municipalities of:
Culture and sights
The Monastery of St. Lambrecht is one of the most important Benedictine monasteries in Austria in the nature park Grebenzen located. The earliest work of the monks is occupied for the year 1076.
Worth seeing are the Benedictine abbey (founded in 1096 ) and the Gothic Collegiate Church ( New to 1421 ).
From 1945 to 1951, the trolleybus Sankt Lambrecht joined the dynamite factory with the station Mariahof - Sankt Lambrecht at the Rudolf web. The system was mainly used to freight.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Edlinger Wolfgang (1889-1943), member of the Constituent National Assembly 1919-1920, Member of Parliament 1920-1923
- Josef Moser (1919-2003), politician of the Social Democratic Party, Member of Parliament 1959-1979, Federal Minister for Construction and Technology 1970-1979
Individuals with regard to the municipality
- Monk Magnus ( 790 ), founder of Mariazell