Sankt Martin an der Raab
- SPÖ: 11
- ÖVP: 6
- Zukun Template: Election chart / Maintenance / Symbol: 4
Sankt Martin an der Raab is a market town in the district Jenner village in Burgenland in Austria. The Hungarian name of the village is Szent Márton ( Rábaszentmárton ), the Slovenian name is Sveti Martin.
The municipality is located in southern Burgenland in the district Jenner village.
The municipal area covers seven villages (in brackets population as at 31 October 2011):
- Doiber (249 )
- Eisenberg an der Raab (222 )
- Gritsch (111 )
- Neumarkt an der Raab (316 )
- Oberdrosen (220 )
- Sankt Martin an der Raab ( 577 )
- Worlds ( 370)
The municipality comprises the cadastral Doiber, Gritsch, Neumarkt an der Raab, Oberdrosen, St. Martin an der Raab and worlds.
The place belonged, like the rest of Burgenland until 1920/21 Hungary ( German West Hungary). Since 1898, had to be used because of Magyarization the government in Budapest the Hungarian name Szent Márton.
After the end of World War II German West Hungary was awarded in the Treaties of St. Germain and Trianon in 1919 Austria after tough negotiations. The place belongs since 1921 to the newly founded State of Burgenland (see also history of Burgenland ).
Market town is Sankt Martin an der Raab since 1979 ( by VO 47).
- Mayor is Franz Josef Kern ( SPÖ).
- The distribution of seats (21 seats) in the municipal council is: SPO 11
- ÖVP 6
- Future St. Martin an der Raab 4
- Ludesch in Vorarlberg, Austria
Culture and sights
- Roman Museum: opened in 1998
- Roman tumuli: Standing under strict conservation
- Artists' village of Neumarkt Neumarkt, with summer school courses in visual arts to music (see Related links)
- Lawn cross in Eisenberg
- Lehmspeicher and listed belfry in Eisenberg
- Parish Church of St. Martin an der Raab 1746 built in Baroque style, heavily damaged in World War II, reconstruction 1947-73
- Triangle: the triangle Slovenia - Hungary - Austria
Recreation and Sports
- ASV St. Martin / Raab
- Tennis club
- Adventureland worlds ( see Related links )
- Keramikatelier Wahlhütter
- Building Materials Niederer
- Josef Reichl Elementary School
- Private school Hummingbird
- Joseph Finder (1843-1908), Austrian composer, conductor and conductor
- Josef Reichl (1860-1924), Austrian folk poet
- Feri Zotter (1923-1987), Austrian painter and sculptor who founded the " Studio Building "
- John Wanke (1923-2005), Austrian painter from Neumarkt an der Raab
- Susanne Gstöttner (* 1928), Austrian painter
- Walter Pichler (1936-2012), Austrian architect and artist