Sanming (Chinese三明 市) is a prefecture -level city in Fujian province, China.
It is located in the hinterland, has no independent access to the sea and borders the neighboring province of Jiangxi.
Sanming was a transitional station of the Hakka on their migration from northern China to the south and is therefore also known as the cradle of Hakka. A large village Shibi, near the border with Jiangxi, is home to the Hakka.
Today, still living descendants of historical figures (eg, Li Shimin, the emperor of the Tang Dynasty) in Sanming.
Here also Zhu Xi was born, the most important Neo-Confucians of the Song Dynasty.
- Gross domestic product: 28.7 billion yuan
- GDP per capita: 10,679 yuan
Economic data: Fujian Statistical Yearbook 2003 ( 2002 figures)
At county level, Sanming consists of two districts, nine circles and a circle-free city together. These are:
- Municipality Meilie (梅列 区), 352 km ², 140,000 inhabitants, center, seat of the city government;
- Municipality Sanyuan (三元 区), 803 km ², 150,000 inhabitants;
- Circle Mingxi (明溪 县), 1709 km ², 120,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Xuefeng (雪峰 镇);
- Circle Qingliu (清流 县), 1809 km ², 150,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Longjin (龙津 镇);
- Circle Ninghua (宁化县), 2381 km ², 350,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Cuijiang (翠 江镇);
- Circle Datian (大田 县), 2227 km ², 370,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Junxi (均 溪镇);
- Youxi county (尤溪县), 3425 km ², 420,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Chengguan (城关 镇);
- District Sha (沙县), 1795 km ², 240,000 inhabitants, the administrative seat: Street district Fenggan (凤岗 街道);
- Circle Jiangle (将 乐 县), 2247 km ², 170,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Guyong (古 镛 镇);
- Taining county (泰宁 县), 1535 km ², 130,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Shancheng (杉 城镇);
- Circle Jianning (建宁县), 1705 km ², 140,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Suicheng (濉 城镇);
- Yong'an City (永安 市), 2941 km ², 320,000 inhabitants.
Primary sector (agriculture ): 29 % (average Fujian: 22%)
Secondary sector (industry ): 48 % (average Fujian: 44%)
Tertiary sector (services ): 23 % (average Fujian: 34%)
- Jin Hu ( Goldsee )
- Taoyuan Cave