Santa Clara University
Template: Infobox university / professors missing
Santa Clara University is a private, Catholic university in Santa Clara, California. The university is one of 28 Jesuit colleges in the U.S. that are organized in the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities. The university was founded in 1851 and is the oldest operating university in California and the oldest Catholic university in the American west. The university was rated as the second best college in 2010 in the West by the well-known U.S. News ranking. It is next to Stanford and Berkeley is the most popular university in Silicon Valley. This is also reflected by the large proportion of professionally active students in particular at the Leavey School of Business.
- 3.1 schools 3.1.1 Leavey School of Business
About Santa Clara University
The University is located in Santa Clara (population: 108 518 ), near San José in Santa Clara County ( population: 1.8 million ), which accounts for the largest part of the San Francisco Bay Area. Also known by the abbreviation SCU, its students and 71,000 alumni " Santa CLARANS ," called their athletic teams Broncos. The university itself is called in many information materials " The Jesuit University in Silicon Valley."
The current university, which was built around the historic Mission Santa Clara, can accommodate 5,000 undergraduate and 3,500 graduate students, JD's. and graduate students. The faculty of the University includes more than 450 full-time positions which are divided into four different professional schools and the College of Arts and Sciences. They are all on the 0.4 -acre main campus in Santa Clara. In July 2009, the Jesuit School of Theology at Berkeley ( JST) was merged with the Santa Clara University and renamed " Jesuit School of Theology of Santa Clara University ." Even if the JST is now a division of SCU, it keeps your campus in Berkeley, California. JST is one of two Jesuit seminars in the United States with the Vatican for Catholic doctrine ratified ecclesiastical faculties.
For the 2008-2009 academic year, the operating budget 311 million USD and the endowment of USD 697 million is for the same time, the tuition fees of undergraduate degree programs amount to $ 34,950. The average cost of accommodation will be $ 11,067.
The campus of Santa Clara University, which is located on the famous El Camino Real in Santa Clara, has been expanded in the last century to over 42 acres. In addition to many academic buildings, dormitories, all of which are held in the Mission style, the historic gardens of the mission, various rose gardens and palm trees are located on campus.
St. Joseph 's Hall
Saint Ignatius statue
Leavey Activities Center
Academic and Ranking
The The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching classifies Santa Clara as a master level university. This says that the university only a few, if any, offers doctoral programs.
Leavey School of Business
Personalities of the Santa Clara University
- Frank Cope, American football player
- Leon Panetta, Secretary of Defense, former director of the Central Intelligence Agency, former Chief of Staff to President Bill Clinton, former director of the United States Office of Management and Budget, former U.S. Congressman, 17th District
- Dee Dee Myers, author, political commentator, former Press Secretary of President Bill Clinton
- Gavin Newsom, Mayor of San Francisco, California
- Janet Napolitano, Governor of Arizona, currently the Secretary of Homeland Security
- Richard Riordan, former mayor of Los Angeles, California
- Tom McEnery, author, former mayor of San Jose, California
- Mike Espy, former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, former U.S. Congressman
- George Reyes, CFO, Google
- Chris Malachowsky, co-founder, NVIDIA
- Steve Nash, Basketball Player, Los Angeles Lakers, twice Most Valuable Player of the NBA League
- Kyle Bailey, Basketball Player
- Bob Feerick, Basketball Player
- Dan Pastorini, American football player
- John Bryant, Basketball Player