The Santos ( officially: Santos Futebol Clube ), generally known only briefly Santos, is a football club based in Santos, a port city in the Brazilian state of São Paulo. The club was founded on 14 April 1912 as Santos Foot -Ball Clube ' by Raimundo Marques, Mário Ferraz de Campos and Argemiro de Souza Júnior. The most famous player in club history is Pele. In 1999 by the IOC for " Athlete of the Century" crowned exceptional footballer launched in 1956 at the age of fifteen years his career at Santos. With Pele Santos won the 1962 and 1963 World Cup.
The home stadium Estádio Urbano Caldeira, also known as Vila Belmiro was inaugurated on 12 October 1916. These days, it has an official capacity of 20,000 spectators. In a match against Corinthians in 1964 but even 33,000 spectators were counted. The club is known for the emergence of many new talents. Where major events Santos also differs sometimes from much larger in the Morumbi Stadium in São Paulo.
Many internationally famous Brazilian players were previously worked at FC Santos. Furthermore, the association of 1997 had a successful women's football department until 2012.
A fan of FC Santos is called Santista. The club colors are black and white.
- World Cup in 1962, 1963
- Copa Libertadores winner in 1962, 1963, 2011
- Copa Conmebol winner 1998
- Brazilian champion in 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1968, 2002, 2004 Series A winner in 2002, 2004
- Brazil Cup winners 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965
- Federal National Champion 1959, 1963, 1964, 1966, 1997
- State of São Paulo Championship (21 ) 1935, 1955, 1956, 1958, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1973, 1978, 1984, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.
Well-known former players
- Araken Patusca
- Carlos Alberto Torres
- Domingos Nascimento dos Santos Filho
- Diego Ribas da Cunha
- Leopoldo Luque
- José Ramos
- Ricardo Oliveira
- Serginho Chulapa
- Zé Roberto
Top 10 by appearances and goals
( As of February 1, 2013, were taken into account all compulsory games and gates of each Brazilian championships and their precursors as well as the Campeonato Paulista )
Well-known former coach