SBB-CFF-FFS De 6/6
When De 6/6 of the Swiss Federal Railways ( SBB) is an electric freight locomotive that was purchased for the valley line. The three locomotives, which were referred to as Crocodile Lake Valley were initially built for two -phase systems (5500 V 25 Hz and 15 000 V 16 2/3 Hz). The locomotives were delivered in 1926 and scrapped by SBB 1983.
The initial steam-powered Seetalbahn was already electrified in 1909, but was nationalized in the exotic AC voltage of 5500 volts and 25 Hz As the track on January 1, 1922, came to the SBB, a requirement of three freight locomotives showed. The SBB decided immediately to order from the industry three locomotives. This corresponded largely to also just ordered Ee 3/3 ( shoe ).
The vehicle consists of two stems, in which the drive is housed; these are connected through a bridge. The stems largely correspond to a Ee 3/3 (16311-16326). So most of the chassis parts and also the traction motors with the Ee 3/3 are interchangeable. The transformer has however been moved to the bridge. It is structurally a real crocodile. Been built is a standing oil-immersed transformer of the first generation, he possessed a separate oil cooler. They were built flat track position switch. In each stem a traction motor was housed, via a helical rod ( Winterthur diagonal side rod drive ) and coupling rod, the three axes, which were located in a common inner frame drive. The central axis was so mounted in the frame so that they could be moved to both sides by 6 mm.
The initial length of rod buffers was 14,000 mm, with the cultivation of modern buffers lengthened by 60 mm to the overall length to 14'060 mm.
All three engine could initially be switched between the two power systems 5500 volts and 25 Hz and 15 000 V 16 2/3 Hz. This facility was four years after the Seetalbahn was converted to the SBB system expanded.
By 1954, wore the De 6/6 a green paint, then a coat of paint oxidroten how he came to use in the shunting at the converted SBB De 4/4.
The locomotives were always on the Seetalbahn in use, where they also sporadically on for adjoining stretches were used. With a top speed of 50 km / h, it was but on the main routes not really usable. The locomotives were always assigned to the depot Lucerne. The large-scale maintenance resulted from the HW Bellinzona until 1972, after which HW Biel.
The only prolonged stint took place 1926-1931. Because 1926-1929 was the 15303 as a switch engine in Bellinzona S. Paolo in use. And 1929-1931 the 15302 was stationed in Chiasso.
The De 6/6 15302 was in January 1983 and the 15303 scrapped in March 1983, which was sold to the OeBB in April 1983 15301.
When OeBB the locomotive suffered in 1990 a short in the heater circuit, which was an irreparable damage to the transformer. Since the other two locomotives were already scrapped, this usually final damage was not an obstacle to think of a repair solution. Thanks to the Engineering School of Biel, a restoration plan could be worked out. A thesis an HTL students showed that it was possible the locomotive operational again produce with the help of recycled material of a SBB BDe 4/4-Triebwagens. For this, the transformer and the main switch of a junked motor coach had taken over and the traction motors are connected in series. As a feasibility study was present, an association was founded in the sequence, as the club aim was the preservation and re-commissioning of the locomotive. On December 31, 1995, they then began trying to disassemble the locomotive. Were installed finally the main switch of the SBB Re 4 /4 I 10033 and the transformer to the BLS Ce 4/4 316 which in contrast to the BDe 4/4 is similar to the original. In many years of work, the Crocodile Lake Valley could be restored in working order and was removed from the Federal Office of Transport on 10 April 2008.
The machine is now (as of 2013) in the Railway Park Brugg AG, where her latest train protection systems are installed, so that it receives an operating license again.