Scheggia e Pascelupo
The municipality extends over some 64 km ². The municipality is situated approximately 40 km north-east of Perugia, on the border with the Marche region in the climatic classification of Italian communities in the zone E, 2416 GR / G. The town is near the mountains Mount Catria ( 1701 meters altitude) and Monte Cucco ( 1566 meters altitude) on the historic Via Flaminia and today Strada Statale 3 Via Flaminia and is part of the Comunità montana the Alto Chiascio. The capital and administrative seat is Scheggia with about 700 inhabitants. The name derives from the district also is Pascelupo, which is at 529 meters and in 2001 had 12 inhabitants. Largest district of Isola Fossara (440 meters in altitude, 152 inhabitants).
Among the districts ( Frazioni ) include Aiale, Belvedere, Buotano, Campitello, Casacce, Quattro Case, Coldipeccio, Fossarave, Isola Fossara, La Pezza, Montebollo, Monte Fiume, Pascelupo, Perticano, Ponte calcara and Valdorbia.
In the Tabula Peutingeriana the present town Scheggia was mentioned as ad Ensem. In the Gothic war, the town was almost completely destroyed. 927 the former Roman station stations Romana Ad Ensem was (also mutations ad Haesis ) expanded the castle. Frederick I assumed the place in 1155 at Gubbio. With Gubbio Scheggia came first in 1384 to the family of Montefeltro who were close to the Count of Urbino. From 1508 to 1631 the family of Della Rovere ruled the area, then it was part of the Papal States and Scheggia.
The previously independent municipalities Scheggia Pascelupo and 1878 combined. At this time there were about 2700 inhabitants in the town. By 1921, population growth took place at about 3800 inhabitants, then, the population fell steadily to about 1400 inhabitants in 2010.
- Abbazia di Santa Maria di Sitria, of St.. Romuald founded the abbey in 1014, which lies in the Parco Naturale del Monte Cucco.
- Abbazia di Sant'Emiliano in Congiuntoli, abbey at Monte Aguzzo and at the confluence of the rivers Rio Freddo and Sentino.
- Chiesa di Sant'Antonio Abate, 1665 resulting in the main village church Scheggia.
- Chiesa dei Santi Filippo e Giacomo, 1535 resulting in the main town parish church Scheggia.
- Chiesa della Madonna della Neve church in the village of Belvedere
- Chiesa della Madonna Assunta church from the 13th century in the village of Campitello
- Chiesa di San Michele Arcangelo church in the district Coldipeccio
- Chiesa di Sant'Antonio church in the hamlet of Isola Fossara
- Chiesa della Madonna del Carmelo, church from the 16th century in the village of Monte Fiume
- Chiesa di San Bernardino Church in the district Pascelupo
- Chiesa della Madonna del Buon Consiglio, church of 1661 in the district of Ponte calcara
- Hermitage of San Girolamo, Hermitage in the district Pascelupo from the 11th century. Was founded in 1925 by Pope Pius XI. closed, and since 1981 through the initiative of the Camaldolese active again.
- Parco Naturale del Monte Cucco Natural Park.
- Santuario di Monte Calvario, from 1682 to 1729 on the eponymous mountain sanctuary built above Scheggia.
- Treppo Grande, province of Udine, region Friuli- Venezia Giulia, since 1997.