The municipality covers 35 km ². The municipality is situated approximately 65 km south-east of Perugia on the river Nera, and thus in Neratal. The municipality is located in the climatic classification of Italian communities in the zone D, GR 2076 / G.
The districts ( Frazioni ), all south of the main town along the Nera lie and protect the abbey Abbazia di San Pietro in Valle (now the municipality of Ferentillo ) was incurred Ceselli, Civitella, Collefabbri, Monte San Vito, Nevi, Pontuglia, San Valentino and Schioppo.
The neighboring municipalities are Ferentillo (TR ), Monteleone di Spoleto, Sant'Anatolia di Narco and Spoleto.
The first name of the castle was Schiaginum, after which it was named Schezzino. From the 18th century to the present name came into being. The castle and the town was until 1561 a relationship with Spoleto, which in 1391 and 1522 ( by Picozzo Brancaleoni ) resulted in sieges and destruction, then they went out of their own statutes. The town itself was built in the 16th century, when houses were built below the castle. The district Civitella came in 1895 to the municipality, as well as Monte San Vito, who had their own community first, and later belonged to Sant'Anatolia di Narco. After the unification of Italy, the population remained konstont at approximately 900 inhabitants, since 1950 the city experienced a decline in population that adheres currently about half.
- Chiesa di Giovanni Evangelista church from the 14th century in the village of Civitella
- Chiesa di San Michele Arcangelo church from the 14th century in the district Ceselli
- Chiesa di San Michele Arcangelo church from the 13th century in the village of Monte San Vito
- Chiesa di San Nicolò church in the main town of the 13th century, renovated and refurbished in the 16th century. Contains the frescoes Christi Birth and Coronation of the Virgin ( 1526) of Lo Spagna with his assistant Giovanni di Girolamo and the image Madonna with Child ei santi Giacomo, Rocco Giovanni Evangelista, Sebastiano e un papa martire of Guido Ubaldo Abbatini
- Chiesa di San Sebastiano church from the 15th century in the district Ceselli
- Chiesa di Santo Stefano, the main church of the district Collefabri from the 15th century
- Chiesa di San Valentino church from the 13th century in the district of San Valentino, contains several works by the Maestro di Eggi
- Palazzo Graziani, 18th century in the capital