- ÖVP: 13
- SPÖ: 4
- Civil List Template: Election chart / Maintenance / Name: 2
- FPÖ: 2
Schladming is a town in the district Liezen in Styria ( Judicial District Schladming ).
- 3.1 Demographics
Schladming is located in Upper Styria in the upper Enns valley at the confluence of the Enns in Talbach. The city is bordered to the north by the Dachstein Mountains and in the south of the Lower Tauern.
The neighboring municipalities are in the north of Ramsau am Dachstein, in the east house, in the south tube Moss Untertal, in the west Pichl- Preunegg
The municipality comprises the two villages (in brackets population as of 31 October 2011):
- Klaus (978)
- Schladming ( 3456 )
The municipality comprises the cadastral Klaus and Schladming.
The first mention of a settlement at this point to the year 1180 ( Slaebnich, altslow. "Glen Mountain" ) back. The city law is first documented in 1322. It is due to the thriving mining industry in the Schladming Tauern, where up to 1,500 miners were employed. From here, go first attempts to unify the working conditions for the miners throughout Europe ( Schladming mountain letter 1408 ). Was mined silver, lead, copper, cobalt and nickel later.
After participating the miners to the peasant uprisings against the authorities of Salzburg during the Reformation, Schladming 1525 by Archduke Ferdinand I almost completely destroyed the town charter was revoked. To this day, represents the much smaller Groebming the management of political Expositur, bringing the Counter-Reformation, even after nearly 500 years shows its aftermath.
Subsequently, however, Schladming continued to play a major role in the mining industry. During the 19th century the mining had to be discontinued gradually.
The next upswing initiated by the development of the Enns valley with a railway line in 1875. Thus began the ascent to the tourist and winter sports center.
The city was chartered the place back in 1925. This was his first highlights with the establishment of the first mountain hut, the high Wurzhütte, 1920 and the first ski lift on the Planai 1953.
Other highlights of tourism development were:
- The establishment of the winter sports club 1908
- The implementation of the first Skiweltcuprennens 1973
- The Alpine World Ski Championships 1982
- The 5th Special Olympics in 1993.
When applying for the Alpine Ski World 2009 is just going down to the French competitors Val d'Isere, 2 years later when it came to Garmisch -Partenkirchen in the cold. On 29 May 2008 it was decided that the Alpine World Ski Championships 2013 will take place in Schladming. Immediately after this decision Schladming has been selected as the venue for the World Cup in ski mountaineering in 2012 and by the International Council for Ski Mountaineering Competitions ( ISMC ).
The resident population was at the last census in 2001 following religious affiliation to:
- Roman Catholic 55.6 %
- Protestant 34.2%
- Muslim 4.1%
- Without commitment 4.3%
- Other 1.6%
- FELLETIN France, Creuse, France, since 1960
- Germany Wetzlar, Hesse, Germany, since 1974
- Japan Furano, Hokkaido Island, Japan, since 1977
Coat of arms
The coat of arms of Schladming shows a miner in half profile with pickaxe and mallets. The presentation is available in silver and ocher against a blue background.
The most important economic factor in Schladming is tourism, organized as Schladming- Dachstein, with the winter sports ( ski Schladming-Dachstein/Ski amadé ) with almost 70 % of overnight stays ( 272,427 overnight stays in 2002/2003 ) has the upper hand. This compares to 119 220 overnight stays in the summer season 2003. Located in the village there are about 3500 beds.
The biggest tourist attraction is the 4 -mountain ski that has the center with the Planai in Schladming. Famous is this ski resort mainly by the Night Race, the night slalom, attend the yearly about 50,000 visitors.
Since 2004 takes place on the Planai annually in the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup instead. This Schladming in the summer attracts many downhill mountain bikers from all over the world.
The Schladming brewery was founded in 1909 as the "First Alpine folk brewery ". Today it is part of the Austria -scale brewing Union.
Schladming developed from 1974 also to sports university town where students from all over Austria but also all continents except Africa, come.
In 1974 the Skihandelsschule Schladming, in the same year was the youth sports house, opened the boarding school for the Skihaupt and trade students. 1998 saw the first graduating from the HAK- advanced course.
Culture and sights
- City Museum: housed in a building dating from 1661, which originally served for the accommodation of sick miners and survivors of crashed squire. The museum displays mainly exhibits on mining past as well as to the peasant wars of the Reformation and Counter-Reformation
- Town Hall: built in 1884 by Prince August of Saxe- Coburg and Gotha as a hunting lodge
- City fortress: get are ruins from 1629, a city gate, the " Salzburger Gate", and one of four round towers
- Catholic parish church Schladming: in the core late Romanesque, 1522-1532 extended to three-aisled, fünfjochigen hall church, high altar by 1702-1704
- Evangelical Church: 1859-1862 built already built tower 1852 polyptych in the aisle of the Reformation ( 1570 )
- Mid culture: the music festival Mid culture has since 1977 - formerly known as the " Schladming Summer of Music " - in the months of July and August concerts and master classes. New since 1998 is the Mid Europe, is offered at the fascinating wind music. For 3 years, there is also the pre Mid. Original and close to the people doing the Alps and Wurz horn, bagpipes, etc. are presented
- World Cup ski race on the Planai: since 1973 will take place on the famous Planai World Cup course, the mountain of Schladming, World Cup ski race
Schladming is the center of Schladming- Dachstein, has 3500 beds (hotels, guesthouses, inns, guest houses and private rooms) and recorded about 400,000 overnight stays per year.
The emphasis is on winter tourism (ski amadé ).
See also: Planai
While in the winter mainly to sporting by skiing, cross country skiing, sledding and ice skating to a stand, even in summer in Schladming the most popular sports like hiking, mountain biking (especially downhill ) and biking, paragliding, climbing, running, tennis, horse riding, beach volleyball, swimming, fishing and mini golf.
Schladming has hosted the Alpine World Skiing Championships in 1982 and 2013.
- Franz Type of path ( Landeshauptmannstellvertr. aD † 30 January 2009)
- Charly Kahr ( ski instructor )
- Hermann Kroell ( Mayor ret. )
- Peter Schröcksnadel (President of the Austrian Ski Federation )
Sons and daughters
- Ernst Ludwig Uray (1906-1988), composer
- Charly Kahr (* 1932), ski racer and coach
- Sepp Walcher (1954-1984), skier
- Wolfgang Maria Gran (born 1962 ), journalist, musician and author
- Hans Peter Royer (1962-2013), evangelical preacher, head of int torchbearers movement, author
- Michael Tritscher (* 1965), skier
- Bernhard Knauss (* 1965), skier
- Hans Knauss (* 1971), skier
- Gearfried Goeschl (* 1972), mountaineer
- Wolfgang Schiesterl (1983-2011), volleyball player
- Dominic Pürcher (* 1988), football player
- Daniel Royer (* 1990), football player
- Schladming beer
- Steirerkäs: a gray mold cheese which was originally made by the farmers of the Enns and is eaten on bread or butter on rye fritters