Schott Vienna is a market town with 676 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) in the district of Neunkirchen in Lower Austria.
- 3.1 Demographics
- 3.2 Religion
- 5.1 Church
- 6.1 Economic History
Schott Vienna is located in the industrial area in Lower Austria. The area of the municipality covers 12.55 km ². Around 72 % of the area is forested.
The municipality comprises the three villages (in brackets population as of 31 October 2011):
- Göstritz (179 ), and the pilgrimage town of Maria includes protection
- Greis ( 44)
- Schott Vienna ( 487)
The municipality comprises the cadastral Schott Vienna.
In ancient times, the area was part of the province of Noricum. A treasure depot was discovered in 1902. It contained eight Boian Biatec - silver drachmas with double portraits as well as eight smaller silver coins of the type Simmering, where a large depository of such coins was found. This hoard is to be seen in a number of other such finds ( Mallnitzer Mountain, Gerlitze, Moggio Udinese), and they take up a Südwanderung individual boischer associations.
In April 1945, the surrounding area of Scotland Vienna was the scene of fierce fighting between the later German 9th Mountain Division (East) and the Red Army, which tried to penetrate through the Semmering Pass in Styria.
According to the data of the 2001 census, 82.2 % of the population Roman Catholic, 2.2% are Protestant. 5.6% are Muslim, 1.0% are members of Orthodox Churches. 6.6% of the population has no religious affiliation.
Mayor of the municipality is Polleres Walter, chief officer Johann Pratscher. In the market there are local council after the local elections in 2010 with a total of 15 seats following distribution of seats: ÖVP 12, SPO 2, UBL 1, no other seats.
Culture and sights
The Parish Church of Scotland Vienna is the holy Veit ( Vitus ) consecrated, one of the Fourteen Holy Helpers. The present building dates back to the 14th to 15th century. Since 1784 St. Vitus is a parish church.
In Schott Vienna is also the pilgrimage church of Maria protection, which is affiliated since 1925 a convent of Passionist.
Economy and infrastructure
Non-agricultural workplaces, there were 39 in 2001, agricultural and forestry holdings according to the 1999 survey 25 The number of persons employed at the residence was according to the 2001 census 307 The employment rate in 2001 was 44.1 %.
Before 1675, in Schott Vienna a paper mill to prove. After Thomas Wurz, who owned the mill until 1714, the operation came in 1787 in the ownership of the paper maker Anton Kloss. 1820, the paper mill was registered on Martin Blöhsy (also: Blössy ), bourgeois stockbroker, living in Scotland Vienna - Inventory period: before 1675 and after 1877.