- 5.1 traffic
- 5.2 Education
- 6.1 Sons and daughters of the town
- 6.2 Other personalities who are associated with the city
The community Schulz village lies on the south-eastern outskirts of Berlin. To the northeast lie Eichwalde and Berlin- Schmoeckwitz, to the west the town Schönefeld ( Walter district village) and southeast Zeuthen. West of Schulz village is the construction site for the new airport Berlin Brandenburg.
Schulz village consists of four different municipal bodies:
- The old village Alt -Schulz village, to which, however, no further housing development took place, and therefore a well-preserved, of - now protected - represents open spaces surrounded Brandenburg village complex,
- The settlement Eichberg in the North, which merges seamlessly into the neighboring community Eichwalde
- The settlement Schulz Village Center between Ernst- Thalmann - road and low tide digging, and
- The settlement of New -Schulz village in the southeast, which merges with no apparent limit to the development of the community Zeuthen.
There is no grown or artificially created village. The local authority has its seat since 2009 in the new town hall in the town center.
The following two graphs, such as the population by Schulz village has developed into its present borders and is expected to develop. After the First World War, there was a dramatic increase in the population in the area of today Schulz village. During the communist era, the population decreased continuously. Since the fall of the Berlin neighborhood leads to a rebound in the population. For the future, by 2030, the statisticians of the State Office predict a further increase during the forecast by the Bertelsmann Foundation of stagnation starts.
Forecasts of population change
Forecast age structure
The municipal council consists of 18 community representatives as well as the full-time mayor.
- The Left: 6 seats
- SPD and Alliance 90/The Greens: 5 seats
- CDU and FDP: 4 seats
- Citizens alliance of free voters: 3 seats
(As at municipal election on 28 September 2008)
From 1994 to 2010, Dr. Herbert Burmeister of the Left Party mayor of the municipality. Since January 26, 2010 Markus mosquito is about 70 % of the votes in the runoff election against Frank Schulz Welskop village mayor.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms was approved on 12 October 1995.
Blazon: "Under green sign head, topped with a silver rod Schulz, a green Malvenzweig with four ( 3-1 ) red flowers. "
The community Schulz village chose for their coat of arms with the Schulz rod a speaking symbol that takes on the place name reference within the meaning of heraldic pars pro toto principle. The stylized Malvenpflanze stands with her four flowers of the growing situation with four settlement parts. The Altdorf was represented by the arrangement of the flowers symbolic starting point of this development. The mallow flowers symbolize the character of the community as a garden city on the outskirts of Berlin. The Mallow ( Malva sylvestris), up to 120 cm high perennial, occurs both in the garden and in an open field and thus symbolizes the additional embedding of the community in the Brandenburg countryside.
The flag of the municipality shows stripes in green and white with crest. The coat of arms is placed directly in the center of the flag.
The Prague district Vinoř ( 19th District ) is located on the northeastern outskirts of the Czech capital and has about 3000 inhabitants. He is a partner since 2007 Municipality of Schulz village. 2009, another partnership with the Polish town Kargowa was founded.
Culture and sights
In the old village location Schulz village is the castle village Schulz, a former manor house and the Gutskirche. Until 1846 the noble family of Pfuel had dominion over Schulz village for more than 400 years. Before the former town hall in the Otto - Krien Street is a memorial stone of 1982 in honor of the resistance fighter against National Socialism. Memorial stone was implemented in 2012 and restored is now facing the sports and multi- purpose hall Schulz village in the Walther -Rathenau -Str.
In the lists of monuments in Schulz village and archaeological monuments in the village Schulz respective cultural monuments are listed.
Economy and infrastructure
Through the Federal Highway 113 (Berlin- Dresden), which runs west of Schulz village a few kilometers away, the place has a national transport links. The next junction is located in the village of Walter. The Ernst- Thalmann road that Miersdorfer road and the village street / Walter Chaussee are designated as county roads, the Dahlwitzer road on the southern boundary of the municipality is part of the Brandenburg state road 402
The closest connection to the railway network, the S - train station in Oak forest, who also opens the Schulzendorfer settlement Eichberg.
There is a primary school in town. The next high schools are located in Eichwalde Wildau and King Wusterhausen. In Zeuthen, there is a comprehensive school with Gymnasium upper level.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Nickel von Pfuel († 1492), Doctor iuris utriusque, Elector of Brandenburg castle captain and Privy Council, Knight & Commander in electoral army, city Schulze Wriezen, as well as Judge at Superior Court, Burglehnsmann in Berlin. Mr. Schulz on village, Ranft, Leuenberg Tiefensee, Werftpfuhl, Steinbeck, Jahnsfelde, Quilitz and Quappendorf.
- Volker Fadinger (* 1941), German historian
- Axel Trümper (* 1953), German sculptor and artist
Other personalities who are associated with the city
The artist Elisabeth Jeske (1921-2002) was best known for its restoration of the murals in the Berlin Cathedral. For this work she was awarded in 1996 with the Federal Cross of Merit. On the occasion of the 625th anniversary of Schulz village it was in 2000 appointed the first honorary citizen of the town.
The Schulz grew up in the village musician Olaf Kretschmann (born 1969 ) and Marco Birkner (* 1969) founded in 1987 there with the Electric Beat Crew 's first and only English-language hip- hop group the GDR.
In Schulz village lived until 1946 in Berlin " man of the theater " and writer Alfred Mühr ( 1903-1981 ) verst in Zusmarshausen. In the Otto -Straße 2 Krien lived and worked in the gallery ABSEITS the graduate designer Manfred MÜller and writer Christine Müller, the " James Dean learns to cook " with her book "Men protocols " / was known nationwide.