The district of Schweinfurt is located in the eastern half of the Bavarian Regierungsbezirk of Lower Franconia. It completely surrounds the district-free city of Schweinfurt, which is the administrative headquarters.
- 3.1 District Administrators
- 3.2 Kreistag
- 3.3 Coat of Arms
- 4.1 Public bodies
- 4.2 traffic
- 4.3 Tourism 4.3.1 Attractions
The district of Schweinfurt is located mostly in the geography Greater Region 3rd order Mainfränkische plates with a small share of the Franconian Keuper- Lias country in the form of the Keuper highlands Steigerwald in the southeast and HaÃŸberge in the extreme northeast of the county. The highest point of the county is the location in the Haßbergen foliage hill ( 504 m asl ). The Main is the main watercourse. He comes from the east and changes in Schweinfurt its direction to the south by the Main triangle form. The deepest point of the county is close to master home on Main at about 195 m above sea level. The largest standing waters of Lower Franconia, the Ellertshäuser lake, is located in the northeast of the county. Hardwood Hills and Ellertshäuser lake located in the area of market Stadtlauringen.
Triassic sedimentary rocks and Quaternary loose sediments form the geological substratum of the district of Schweinfurt. About the limestones, dolomites and marls of the Muschelkalk are the rocks of the lower Keuper and Gipskeuper which are predominantly clayey- marly with few limestone and sandstone layers. The escarpment of Steigerwald and Haßbergen is formed of sandstone Keuper. In the large river valleys, especially of the Main, there are gravel and sands that were deposited in the running changes during the Quaternary incision. Southeast of the Main sheet are flying sand. In the shallower layers of the west and north of the river Main is loess.
In the center of the county lies the Schweinfurt pool. North east borders the mountainous Hesselbacher woodland ( Schweinfurt Rhön). The north-east of the district lies in the southern reaches of the grave flat wave field, which lies off the ground level of the Hassberge. The lying ahead of the Steigerwald level flat Steigerwald foothills in the southeast of the district borders with no visible boundary to the Schweinfurt pool. South-west of Schweinfurt basin borders the flat wave Gäuplatten in the main triangle, northeast somewhat hillier Wern Lauer plates. The cut valley of the River Main from Wipfeld forms the natural area median valley.
The majority of the district belonged before 1800 to the offices Werneck and Mainberg of the Bishopric of Würzburg. After the initial transition to Bavaria 1804, the District Courts Schweinfurt and Werneck and Gerolzhofen were formed. This district courts belonged from 1806 to the Grand Duchy of Würzburg and went with this 1814 final over to Bavaria. Since then, the three county courts were part of the main circuit, in 1817 for Lower Main Circle, in Lower Franconia and Aschaffenburg ( later only Lower Franconia ) was renamed in 1838. From the reign dishes and Wiesentheid Rüdenhausen written in 1853, the district court Wiesentheid. 1862 of the Regional Courts Schweinfurt and Werneck the district office Schweinfurt and formed from the district courts and Gerolzhofen Wiesentheid the district office Gerolzhofen. The latter was born in 1872 increased by some communities of the dissolved district office Volkach. Both county offices were since 1939 in District Offices, renamed the associated districts in counties.
As part of local government reform in Bavaria in 1972 the district of Schweinfurt been magnified by a large part of the district Gerolzhofen and to smaller parts of the counties Karlstadt, mutton castle ( waterless ), Bad Kissingen and Hofheim in Lower Franconia ( Stadtlauringen ) to its present extent. The rest of the county Gerolzhofen came to the enlarged district of Kitzingen. County seat of the district of Schweinfurt remained the county-level city of Schweinfurt.
The local elections of 2002 and 2008 led to the following seat distribution in the council:
* 2008 started as " Greens / Active Citizens / OL"
Coat of arms
→ List of coats of arms in the district of Schweinfurt
Economy and infrastructure
The economy in the district of Schweinfurt is highly dependent on the industry in the independent city of Schweinfurt. The county 's policy aims to good conditions for jobs, economic growth and quality of life and enrolls in this case the low unemployment rate ( 2.9 percent in July 2008) and the growth in labor supply to. In contrast, however, the county has the least job offers and the lowest gross domestic product of the Lower Franconian Counties. One of the largest employers in the county itself is the nuclear power plant Grafenrheinfeld. The county has the highest birth growth in the region Main- Rhön and declining Hartz IV case numbers.
Public institutions of importance include the Geomed Clinic in Gerolzhofen, the Orthopaedic Hospital Schloss Werneck, the county nursing home in Werneck and the Ludwig Derleth -Realschule in Gerolzhofen. The gymnasium of the district (Celtis -Gymnasium ) are located in Schweinfurt. In the district there is a Gymnasium lower and middle level with the Gerolzhofener branch of the franc Landschulheim Castle Gaibach.
The district of Schweinfurt has a central position both within the reunified Germany and also the eastern edge of the European Union. The region is integrated into the national economic space and is conveniently located at the intersection of four federal highways.
The A7 Hamburg- Ulm, a major north - south route, runs through the county territory. The A 3 Frankfurt -Nuremberg runs south. The A - 70 Schweinfurt Bamberg provides the connection to the motorway forth to Berlin. By the construction of the A 71 Schweinfurt -Erfurt the new federal states are more accessible.
The district is being developed in east-west direction through the Federal Highway 70. Parallel to this runs the B 26 In addition, he will continue also crosses south of the highway 22 in East-West direction shortly. In a north-south direction through the A 71, the federal highways 19 and 286 in Schweinfurt B begins 303
The small airfield south of Schweinfurt is located north of Schwebheim on the boundary Gochscheim. In Schweinfurt, there is also a port for transshipment am Main.
30 km away is the airport Haßfurt -Schweinfurt, which can be flown by aircraft up to 5.7 tonnes maximum weight. The international air traffic at the airports Nuremberg (120 km) and Frankfurt (150 km) distance.
The Bamberg down the Main lead government of Louis -West Railway reached in 1852, the city of Schweinfurt and Würzburg then 1854.
Schweinfurt was the branching here in 1871 to Bad Kissingen range of Bavarian State Railways for railway junction. This line was in 1874 a branch to Meiningen.
In Waigolshausen since 1879 from the Würzburg train going from a single-track cross connection to Gemünden, which today mainly on freight traffic and has therefore been electrified.
The Gerolzhöfer district on the western edge of the Steigerwald in 1893 connected by a branch line Kitzingen - Gerolzhofen to the railway network; led since 1903 to Schweinfurt. The market Stadtlauringen in the north of the circle was 1900 terminus of a branch line from Rottershausen.
Passenger traffic in this network of now 77 km length has been reduced by 33 miles:
Since 2004 runs here on Sundays, more recently, on Saturdays, the Radelzug Aschaffenburg Bamberg.
In the district there are only four stations for passenger trains in operation ( Eßleben, Oberwerrn, Poppenhausen, Waigolshausen ).
City and County of Schweinfurt have merged in 2010 their tourist activities in a special purpose association. In the rooms on the ground floor of the old City Hall Schweinfurt Am Markt 1 now resides the common tourist info Schweinfurt 360 °.
In particular, the well-signposted cycle network applies - in addition to the wine activities - an important cornerstone of tourism. Overall, cyclists will find in the Schweinfurt country before the bestausgebaute cycle network of Lower Franconia with different requirement profiles: 880 km lead through the Schweinfurt country - from Ellertshäuser lake to the Steigerwald. Of which extend over 150 kilometers of bike paths to circle, community, State and Federal streets. Information boards, signage, tourist maps and Radwanderführer represent the reaction, the cycle path concept of the district is: reported are 20 thematic guided routes with additional local connections. The Lower Franconia, cycle routes and cycle routes of the Steigerwald Nature Park (eg, Main Steigerwald bike path ) are involved in the cycling routes network to about 160 kilometers. In addition, there is the remote bike trails such as the Main Cycle Path or the Main Werra Cycle Route.
Special cultural events in the district of Schweinfurt in 2004 and 2006, the International Variety Festival in Mountain field. In 2006, 15,000 visitors to this event. Every five years, will take place the Franconian Passion Play Sömmersdorf in Sömmersdorf. In 2008 she visited 30,000 spectators. A similar number is expected for 2013.
From May to October wine and Hofschoppenfeste take place in many communities.
- Museum master home with military and History
- Castle Mainberg
- Schloss Werneck Castle with garden
- Zabelstein with lookout tower and castle ruins
Cities and Towns
(Population at 31 December 2012)
Free community areas ( 35.29 km ²)
Towns and villages of the district before the municipal reform 1971/78
Before the local government reform of the district of Schweinfurt had 64 communities ( see list below). ( The towns that still exist today are in bold ):
The district is 11 (as of September 2013) are the Bavarian State Office for Environmental designated geological sites. See the list of geological sites in the district of Schweinfurt