Scuderia Centro Sud
The Scuderia Centro Sud was founded in the early 1950s by the Italian Mimmo Dei. Originally intended as a racing team for the World Sports Car Championship, where the team took part from 1956 to 1965, the team owner Dei extended the activities soon also on the Formula 1.
With cars like the Ferrari 500, the Maserati 250F and the BRM P57 and various brands of Cooper, the team reached a total of 24 world championship points. Best individual result was the third place in the Grand Prix of Monaco in 1957, achieved by Masten Gregory. The Scuderia enabled with the dedication of Maria Teresa de Filippis also the first time a woman a start at a World Cup race of the Formula 1
World-famous pilots like Cliff Allison, Giancarlo Baghetti, Lorenzo Bandini, Lucien Bianchi, Joakim Bonnier, Louis Chiron, Masten Gregory, Hans Herrmann, Willy Mairesse, Maurice Trintignant, Wolfgang von Trips and Luigi Villoresi drove for the Scuderia.